Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England Furniture

Couch Potatoes Guest

Default Re: England Furniture

SeaBabe, I noticed you said you would post an update to your post regarding your experience from your 2010 purchase of the England brand couch...please let me know how that turned out for you since we are considering purchasing a couch and recliner from them soon.

Newbie Couch Potatoes

SeaBabe Guest

I sent you a message but I will post here as well:

Ok, my update is that everything is still beautiful...no problems or issues. Now, it is just the two of us (since we have been empty nested for a year) however, we do lay all over/fall asleep on this and have loads of guests all sitting on the set as well and it is holding up wonderfully. The cushions may be a little 'softer' than they were originally, but there is no sag or anything and if they were to get really bad, (because of conversations I had with New England people over the phone) I know that I can get replacement ones....so far that isn't necessary. I have absolutely no complaints and as of right now, if I needed another set for another room, I would definitely go back to buy more New England stuff. I think my favorite thing about the furniture is the fabric...I did have a spill (coffee, of all things) and it cleaned up easily and there is no tell-tale stain. I did purchase a lifetime warranty on the fabric, but from the looks of things, I won't have to use that. I have to say that this is holding up as well (so far) as my Broyhill furniture (that I had a long time ago that looked good for so long that I gave it away in great condition just because I was sick of it after 10 years). For the money, this was an absolutely fabulous buy that I would repeat. Hope that helps

lkianese Guest

Less than ten years ago my husband and I bought a Living Room set that included a sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman. We not only loved the color but also the style and the design. What I liked most was the sturdy back built into each piece that made each piece very comfortable. We truly believed it was a quality set. Over the years the cushions and the backs stayed as plump and new looking as the day we bought them but the armrests on all six arms caved in. When we rest out arms on the armrests, our arms are directly on the fabric and wood. I believe that “England” which is a La-Z- Boy Company used very defective material to pad the armrests. We called the furniture gallery where we bought the set and they no longer have us on file. I mistakenly believed that our furniture would last at least ten years since we took very good care of it but the quality that I thought “England” had is not there. I would never buy this brand of furniture again. We didn’t plan on buying new furniture just yet but we have to. I’m very particular about things and I’m very embarrassed when my company sits on our furniture.

mcherres Guest

Hey Seababe... I saw your posts about your England sofa that you purchased in 2010. As for 2012 things were fine. Three years later how is it holing up?
    Anybody else... I have read lots of negative things about England sofas... does anyone have any good experiences with them? I have fallen in love with a sofa and really want it. LOL

astropixel Guest

We've had an England sectional for probably 10 years in our living room, which is the least used room in our house. It's fabric and still looks pretty good. The seats are amazingly comfortable still today. They're still very firm. The not so great part is the arms. I noticed just earlier tonight the padding is all but gone, or totally flattened out right under the fabric.

One thing that my wife pointed out a few years ago was that they used plastic piping for the welts. The plastic broke in a few places and actually poked through the fabric. I don't think that's gotten a lot worse, but it goes to show they probably didn't really test the material before they changed to save a buck per sofa.

Once our new H&M sofa arrives, I'm sure that I'll want to replace the England unit immediately as well. That room isn't used enough to warrant H&M, though.

It’s 2020 now. Some of you purchased England Furniture many years ago. What did you think? How did it hold up? I do have six grandkids, two cats, one dog, and one husband. I’d like to find moderately priced, decent quality furniture. I love England’s designs, but will I love the actual furniture?