Thread: Interior design business

donhkcs Guest

Default Interior design business

How do you go about starting an interior design business?

(spam link removed)

Default Re: interior design business?

Impressive! You want to be an Interior Designer on a North American forum all the way from...<drumroll, please>:

IP Address: 122.181.181.183 ISP: Bharti Broadband Region: Bangalore (INDIA)

Whats the matter? Spamming forums not paying off real well for ya? I think your interior designer career would be have a limited future, much like your continued survival on this board as a member.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: interior design business?

The sad part is, somebody paid him to spam that link - somebody who may have paid a local "expert" good money, and thought they were getting quality services, not semi-literate, off-topic posts in random forums. Instead the job gets outsourced to spammers in India.

Default Re: Interior design business

Which of course brings up another question.... has anyone EVER bought something off a spam ad or email? I can say truthfully that in starting on the internet back in the early 90's on a 28.8 baud modem when AOL used to charge by the hour, I have never bought a product linked from spam, and I never will. I can't imagine who does? Spam is just a total waste of time and bandwidth.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Interior design business

Links like that are posted to bloat search engine statistics about links to your site (backlinks). The search engines don't tell you, however, that they've stopped counting links from UGC (user generated content) on most sites, including forums and blog comments, because it's so widely abused. The client is shown that the SEO service got them hundreds of new backlinks, but isn't told that most or all are worthless.

email spam is different. It's a pure numbers game. If I send out 2 million spam emails and .1% of recipients look at it, that's 2,000 people. And....
    Quote Originally Posted by 12% of e-mail users have actually tried to buy stuff from spam
    The MAAWG conducted 800 interviews by phone and Internet across the US with people who had e-mail addresses not managed by a corporate IT staff. It found that two-thirds of the group said that they were very or somewhat experienced with Internet security, and a majority used filters of some kind in order to avoid spam. Eighty-two percent were aware of bots and botnets, though not many believed they were at risk of being victimized by one.

Slightly less than half (48 percent) said that they have never clicked on a spam e-mail. That's the good news, but that means the other half have clicked on or responded to spam. But why? The answers will undoubtedly horrify you. A full 12 percent said that they were interested in the product or service being offered—those erection drug and mail order bride ads do reach a certain market, it appears.

Seventeen percent said that they made a mistake when they did so—understandable—but another 13 percent said they simply had no idea why they did it; they just did. Another six percent "wanted to see what would happen."