Thread: Stickley Program Question

jim&laira Guest

Default Stickley Program Question

Duane - Are you familiar with the Stickley Selectional Program in their Married Cover leather furniture? Although Stickley touts its American Tradition I am aware they run and operate a manufacturing plant in Vietnam. Any idea if their leather goods are from the Vietnam plant and your thoughts on their quality. I pretty much am aware of your opinion on Pacific Rim goods but a search on this site did not produce much information on Stickley furniture specifically chairs and sofas. Thank you for offering such a great resource to all of us who use this site.

I am PM'ing you for some prices of several H&M products that we are considering.

Default Re: Stickley Program Question

I don't know the details of Stickley's leather program other than they also sell Hancock and Moore alongside their own line, sorry!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Riddle Guest

I have the Stickley East Colorado Rocker with a leather seat. The rocker itself is fine - mainly it fits the body of the primary user - but the leather on the seat leaves a lot to be desired. I knew this when I bought the chair, so I don't feel that I was misled. Sometime during year two, I notice that there's cracking along the right front edge. I wipe down the leather regularly, so that isn't the issue. The seat will be easy to recover, so it's not a big deal.

My local furniture store has a leather Stickley sofa on the floor. The leather is better than what's on my chair, but it still not all that great. In fact, I don't like it as well as I do the Columbia leather (H&M's lowest price grade leather) on the glider that I bought recently. The tailoring isn't as nice as on the Hancock and Moore sofas in the same store either. I wouldn't buy a fully upholstered piece in leather from Stickley. If you decide to go that route, I strongly encourage you to be sure that you have seen a large piece of furniture covered in the leather of your choice so that you can determine whether the leather and tailoring quality are acceptable to you.

jim&laira Guest

Thank you very much for the information. That is what I was looking for. When you get down to it H&M is the standard by which all other furniture is judged. Guess we just have to decide how far we can stretch the budget.