Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round Hotel Lobby Sofa

Hybrid View

faith Guest

Default Round Hotel Lobby Sofa

Hello, My wife wants one of those round hotel lobby sofas for our foyer but I don't know even where to start looking for something like that. Does anyone know?

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Round Hotel Lobby Sofa

I think that type of sofa is probably a round or curved sectional.

Something like this (but perhaps in a different color)?

http://mydesignersofa.com/index.php/...piece-set.html

faith Guest

Thanks for the link organic. I think she's wanting a circular bench with a pier in the center like I've seen in hotel lobbies.

I think that may be a custom, built to spec. Since there is such a wide variety in radius dimensions and depth for something like that, I doubt you will find it standardized.

Not all that hard to do, but you have to have to work with a maker that has their own frame shop, such as Taylor King or Leathercraft, or Hancock and Moore. Those that use pre-programed CNC machined frames won't be interested in the job. Best thing to do is draw it out with dimensions, decide what look you want and cover (fabric or leather) then work with someone willing to do that for you and have it submitted for a quote. Depending on size, will be built as a 2-piece unit if small, but more likely as a 3 or 4 piece sectional that will attach to form the circle.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Riddle Guest

I could have sworn there was a specific name for those things, but I'm having a senior moment. At any rate, the link below goes to a "to the trade only" web site that has a few of them shown under the "banquettes" category. That would at least give you a reference point for a couple of styles.

http://www.5starfurniture.com

Riddle Guest

I found one on the Councill web site. It's not inexpensive.

http://www.councill.com/item/7114-74

Good job! I'm a Councill dealer and missed that! <embarrassed>.

Pay no attention to those retail MSRP prices, they're ridiculous and there for designers to show their clients. <rant> One day maybe our industry will put out REAL MSRP prices close to the actual selling price instead of those grossly inflated numbers <end of rant>. You can pretty much take that MSRP and cut it in half (50% OFF) at most retail stores selling Councill.
    Duane Collie

RAbrahams Guest

I'm interested in the round Councill sofa too!
    Since you're a dealer, I'm wondering what kind of price I can get.

Thanks!

Rebecca

Riddle Guest

Duane, I knew that you were a Councill dealer and that you could do better than the MSRP.

I didn't realize that the prices on their site were inflated so much by even normal retail standards.

I truly dislike all this hyper-inflated MSRP the industry does, but the manufacturer's do it under pressure from the dealers. Its old school marketing that I personally think doesn't work with today's internet savvy consumer. For example here's a current ad by a store thats about 35 miles south of mine and they've been running this in the Washington Post:

http://www.simmsfurniture.com/advertisement.htm

I look at it and say 'big deal', that's really very close to a normal selling retail for a store that runs a good discount for its customers. I don't think there are many customers that buy off on that any more, but some dealers want that - so the manufacturers do it. <shrug>. I can tell you that you will never see that kind of marketing in my store. I expect my customers to be somewhat up to speed on realistic prices for items and I think they don't need a red sale sign put in their face to know they are getting a good price on something. Once or twice a year I'll have a customer that just HAS to see a SALE sign on something or they can't buy it....so I keep a small stack of them under the counter and tell them to come back in half an hour and it will have a sale sign on it, but the price won't change. <G>
    Duane Collie