Thread: Help with Layout, Styles & Leather

Threaded View

Default Help with Layout, Styles & Leather

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are buying new furniture and are thinking of purchasing a leather sofa and two chairs. We’re up in the air about whether to buy regular chairs or loungers/recliners. I’m not a fan of any recliner that really looks like a recliner, but am open to chairs that don’t like they are. They will back up to a wall with 3 windows, so the backs won’t really be visible in the room. We like things with clean lines, but comfort is also very key.

As for the sofa, we’re looking at the Campaign 1283, Savant 1736 and possibly the Bradley 5378 (from T&C). Does anyone have any recommendation or druthers between the three models?

The chairs that we’re considering are the:
    Ritz Lounger 7054 or chair 4249
    Donovan chair 4693
    Westheimer Lounger 7077
    Carter Recliner 1043
    Luxe Recliner 1049

How much room do you really need for a recliner? H&M says 17” or 17.5” to fully extend on some of those models but then they say “less for TV watching”. How far should they be from the wall? Can anyone attest to how comfortable these chairs are? I understand that it’s a matter of personal taste, but any indication of how they feel would be helpful. I can’t seem to find any of these in our area.

I think we’re going to end up with a protected leather for a number of reasons although I’d prefer an unprotected hide since everyone says they feel better. We want something that doesn’t look too cheap or over processed, but that will hold up well over time and has a nice soft feel. We seem to have narrowed it down to Aspen Tobacco, Portfolio Tobacco, Dream Fawn and Columbia Butternut. Are any one of these better or worse than the other for what we’re looking for? I read somewhere on the forum that one person said they’re Columbia Butternut stretched relatively quickly and that’s not something I want to happen. I don’t want it to look like it’s all stretched out on the seat cushions.

Our house is traditional in style built in MO in the mid 1970’s, and our taste is rooted in traditional styles, but with a younger feel. I’m attaching some photos of the room to see if anyone has any suggestions on styles or layout. The furniture is our first set from out of college and it’s about 7 or 8 years old and worn, and much too small for the room. Please pardon some of the random things as we bought my grandmother’s house and are slowly moving her things out and our things in. (That white recliner thing is definitely not our taste!) Basically all the furniture can change including the tables. We just moved our stuff from our old house about 2 weeks ago so we’re still disheveled and most things aren’t unpacked. There are columns in the room which are a bit of a challenge and to the left of the built ins next to the fireplace is the door to our master bedroom. Oh, and the rug is not permanent, just on loan from my in-laws. So it’s pretty much a clean slate. Please pardon the dust as we just finished construction on our kitchen so it's still everywhere.

I would appreciate and advice or suggestions.

Thanks,
    Krissy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	into rm from hall.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	1447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sofa wall.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	1448   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows from bedrm door.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	1449   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tv wall.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	1450   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall with doors.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	1451