Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with Layout, Styles & Leather

Default Re: Help with Layout, Styles & Leather

Heh. Like most men, he'll love it when it arrives! Would I buy a Savant? Honestly no, I would not. For one thing I don't care for the style, there are no design lines on the piece, its just plain boring to look at. I'd be more inclined to get something like the 5483 Lynne, or the 5476 Jordan or the 4271 Cabo. I like picture frame backs on transitional sofas and those straight arms on the Savant are ~hard~, there's not much padding there. If I have to have the track arms, I at least want some other design elements to catch my eye. But that's just me....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Arms on the Cabo or Jordan would be just as hard but prettier to look at? The Lynne looks nice. I probably discounted it as an option originally because of the rolled arm, but it's not a large arm and it's probably more comfortable to lay on? I'm assuming there's some padding there? And the proportions seem about right. Could be a good mix! Can the nail head be closer together to make it look less rustic? Is that an extra charge?

I really liked the Neville chair when I sat in it. Is it really discontinued (can't find anything on it anywhere) Anything similar? I like the lines on that piece too, especially the back. Really liked the back.

Husband is still chewing on the sectional idea

I think there is more 'style' to those sofas, and visual interest. Those rolled arms are DEFINITELY more comfy, even small ones. H&M uses a rubber cap over the top of all their arms (something most other makers don't bother with), so even a small rolled arm can be pretty comfy as a headrest. Nails - done any way you want 'em.

Yep, Neville is gone and I can't remember what it looks like (I can barely remember what all the current frames look like).

Did you like my sectional layout I did on the room planner? <G>
    Duane Collie

I am going to PM you for some pricing on some things. Apologies in advance. I like the Lynne, thanks for pointing it out!

Closest thing I can find to the Neville is the Salvatore 4829. but the Neville was narrower left to right. Salvatore is going to be way out of my range though I'm guessing.

I like the sectional plan but I'm scared of it! You know my reservation on them. We're still considering it though. Definitely not ruling it out! I just worry that floating it that far off the wall, when you look down the hall from the kitchen, you will see mostly the side of the sectional and part of the back and open space to the wall (or a sofa table if we put one back there.) And when you walk it, you're walking into the side of it. Does that make sense? I don't dislike it, I'm just still getting used to it. I SO appreciate the time though! I will post it on here so people can see it.

Here is Duane's layout.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, you know the most important thing is that YOU have to live with it, not me! So really - its just a suggestion of one way to to things, not the only way, for sure. If you've never lived in a home with furniture 'floating' out in the room it takes some getting used to. Based on your room layout, I didn't really like the look of things pushed to the wall - left a very large 'no mans land' in the middle that way. And even though there are room planners, you have to adjust once in the home, etc. Sofa tables can be used to place lighting behind the backs of things, and definitely in my plan you would want to fill the back wall with large art of some kind. At the end of the day, get what works for you, not what I or others may suggest!

Quote Originally Posted by kmarcantel
    I like the sectional plan but I'm scared of it! You know my reservation on them. We're still considering it though. Definitely not ruling it out! I just worry that floating it that far off the wall, when you look down the hall from the kitchen, you will see mostly the side of the sectional and part of the back and open space to the wall (or a sofa table if we put one back there.) And when you walk it, you're walking into the side of it. Does that make sense? I don't dislike it, I'm just still getting used to it. I SO appreciate the time though! I will post it on here so people can see it.
    Duane Collie