HA! Sorry you asked now, eh Krissy?

I have go ask why does your husband like the TV up so high? Its at an uncomfortable viewing angle, gets heat from the fireplace (if you use the fireplace) and ruins the look on that wall (sorry to be truthful, but it looks out of place and stuffed in there).

First you have to decide where the TV is going to stay. If you move it to the wall on the side, or to the long back wall, it will totally change the room layout. I initially liked the TV on the large back wall, but after playing around with configurations couldn't come up with a good layout as it splits the room in half from the fireplace. Talk to your hubby and see if he's agreeable to relocate the TV and we can configure from there.....I can't emphasize strongly enough how I feel that TV is poorly placed above the mantle in your room...but if he doesn't want to budge on that - then he doesn't! The trouble with putting a sofa in front of the fireplace and being flanked with two chairs (swivel) is that you are going to be crammed all in on that one end of the room, and basically split your room in half with the furniture as well. Then you have "two" rooms to setup, and its hugely awkward that way. Or if you keep the layout like you now have it (in your photos) you have too much 'dead' space in the middle of the room. Apologies to your husband (not trying to rock the marital boat, here!)

Yes, those same barstools are available with a 24" height (see the alternate model number on the H&M site). Those are really handsome ones, they have leather on the back as well.

Columbia Butternut is primo for a Price Grade 1 leather, but its not Kipling, Dream or Ryan. I personally like Kipling and the new Ryan of those.

Keep working the room planner!

Quote Originally Posted by kmarcantel View Post
Duane!

You just totally shook up my entire brain! Oh my. I am not sure that I can convince my husband to move the TV from over the mantle. . . that was his thing all along, but it sure might be worth a try. Do you think that would look okay given the columns and arched ceiling. (The master bedroom and bathroom on the first floor were an addition about 10 years ago and the columns and arched ceiling mark where the old exterior ended)

I am not sure about a sectional, but what about a sofa on the window wall and a chair on each end of the sofa that face each other that's still comfortable for TV viewing and conversation. Would make a U-shape around the coffee table.

And the bar stools. . . Swoon! We're shopping to replace those ones from the photo, but I'm guessing these are out of my budget. Anything with a seat height of 24"? Our counters are 36" so we'd need something around 24".

I went to a local H&M dealer today and checked out some samples. . . narrowing it down slowly. They had bigger samples. Columbia Butternut really surprised me. I keep going back to it. Also on the list are Kipling Java, Kipling Saddle, Dream Fawn and Ryan Chestnut. Any recommendations? Will any of those feel "stiff" when on a piece? Almost everything they had on the floor was T&C in Document or Cavalier. Some Randall Allen pieces on the floor too.

Okay. . off to the room planner to play with your idea!!

Thanks!
Krissy