Thread: Recommend a Chair and Cocktail Ottoman for My Living Room (pic)

Default Recommend a Chair and Cocktail Ottoman for My Living Room (pic)

Hello, I’ve been lurking for years and now would like some help for a potential order.

We have recently gotten new furniture at a local business closing a location. One couch is a H&M City Sofa in Cavalier Mocha (we hope it was a good deal on clearance...) and a fabric Lexington sofa. We also got a lower cost chair and a half in a 3rd color that would move to our bedroom. We do not want another color ottoman, and would like upholstered/tufted in leather. Options then are to get H&M Cavalier Mocha ottoman, which seems would be $2k or more. I’d rather spend a bit more and get maybe a BY leather chair and Square and Fair XL in matching leather and ditch the existing chair.

Ideal leather would be something in a light tan and pull up or aniline. Would love a married cover, or quick ship promotional type pricing chair. Is there anything you could suggest? I’ll complete the quote request for anything we find and like. I think something with nail heads would be cool, not sure the wife agrees. Would really love the H&M painter chair... but out of budget for sure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34F5DF41-CCA1-4DC2-97A9-2A5DA9D6B2F3.jpeg 
Views:	248 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	13199

Default Re: Recommend a Chair and Cocktail Ottoman for My Living Room (pic)

I'm not really sure what you are looking at, for the ottoman a City Chair and a 1/2 one to go out in front of the sofas? If this one, it's closer to $ 1,500 from my store before shipping, if a chair size, they are under $ 700.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...-Chair-and-1/2

Everything in the room is smooth and sleek, probably button-tufted is not the best choice is what i'm thinking. Don't mix too many colors in there, the City Ottoman and 1/2 might be spot on.

If you are looking for a chair to go into the spot where the large chair and 1/2 currently is, perhaps the April Swivel chair? I don't see a Painter's chair in the room or really anything with nail-head trim.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...l-Swivel-Chair
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The City ottoman looks nice, I can’t find dimensions, is it about 41 in? Is that estimate w Cavalier Mocha? I’m in MI so I’m sure shipping would bring it up close to 2k.

I’d still rather replace that existing chair and get another leather chair that could then match an ottoman, from a lower cost company. I wouldn’t mind tufted on the chair to match an tufted ottoman. The house is transitional, so I would kind of like some more traditional look to blend in. It’s just very hard to tell what are the “good deals” in BY chairs. I do like the Howe, knowing it’s not a roll arm match to the city sofa. I’m doing the research now, the wife could change it all lol.
    Last edited by RLJ676; 08-02-2020 at 06:27 PM.

The # 9829 City Ottoman and 1/2 measures 40" x 29" x 19" tall.

If you want a deal on a chair / ottoman and can accept delivery at a loading dock or pickup from a trucking terminal near you, I have two of these remaining, one is still fully boxed and these are incredible deals, Century had a close out on them and I bought all they had. These would have to ship common carrier or you can arrange your own shipping at www.uship.com. $ 1,290 for both chair and ottoman. This is an 8-way hand-tied chair built similar to the Hancock and Moore, essentially half price.

Name:	C3.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	13200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S45.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	13201

I also have two of these on a closeout bargain. One combo is set up in the store, the other is new and fully boxed and can also be shipped. Hancock and Moore Arrington Chair and Ottoman (sold only as a chair/ottoman set). 5637 Arrington Chair and # 5636 Ottoman in Coast Buff with Coast Sable Welt Trim. $ 2,490 for both pieces (that's over $ 1,000 off the order price). The color shifts due to the camera angles on this in the photos

Name:	Arr 1.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	13202Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arr 3.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	13203
    Duane Collie

I like the Hancock and Moore style a lot. Would like a darker “tan” I think. Is that an aniline? It’s a possibility for sure, checking it with the wife. Other issue is we are needing to replace the little blue ottoman, so I was wanting a large one that would match the leather of the chair, but be centered in middle.

I was hoping there’s a deal on a BY chair that would combine with the fair and square XL ottoman in a matching leather for 2k or less?

Select a chair and ottoman, then request a quote here on the QUOTES AND ORDERS page and I will get you pricing. Doubtful it will be under $ 2K, but I won't know until I have the chair model, ottoman, etc., with a leather selection.
    Duane Collie

Ok, there’s no promotions or married cover options that sound like I’m describing? That is the part that seems to be impossible to ever see. With unlimited chair and leather options it’s nice to narrow it down some maybe. Or similarly is there any lower grade anilines I should be looking at? Thanks

Sorry, I don't have the time to go through the price book and leathers to try to match up the lowest price and guess a style you would like. Doesn't work like that.
    Duane Collie