Thread: Power Lift Chair

Jane A Guest

Default Power Lift Chair

Duane, I was excited to see you mention on another thread that H&M makes a power lift chair. I have some health issues and it was recently recommended I look into one for myself, but I've been underwhelmed by local offerings. Can you tell me what models I would have available to choose from? The other thread mentions model #'s 3032, 3037, 3014 and 3024. Are there any others?

I'm about 5'7" and about 125 pounds - don't know if that information makes a difference. My back tends to get pretty uncomfortable in "puffy" recliner type chairs but I'm hoping that's because most of the one's I've sat in are cheap! In general, though, I do like fairly firm cushions especially at my back. Can you help with this? Has anyone else here purchased such a chair?

I've really enjoyed reading through the threads on this site, I've learned so much!

Default Re: Power Lift Chair

Yes, they make several power lift models. These can make your quality of life MUCH better if you have difficulty getting in and out of chairs. Firmer cushions are easy to do on any H&M product and at no extra charge.

Here'e the current power lift offerings in their lineup, all are recliners:

# 3007
    # 3008
    # 3009
    # 3010
    # 3011
    # 3014
    # 3024
    # 3027
    # 3032
    # 3037
    # 3038
    # 3039

There are some size variances in those models, some are very large (which you don't need at your height/weight), so perhaps check dimensions when you're looking at the photos.

Glad you are enjoying the forum!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jane A Guest

Thanks for your reply! I think I'm going to have to go find some loungers to sit in so I can get a sense of what dimensions fit me, we've never owned one before. A few questions for you:
    - I'm not sure what seat depth is considered comfortable, should the seat on such a chair go all the way to the back of the knee? (Why do I feel like this is a dumb question? )
    - I'm thinking a bustle back is considered more comfortable than a tufted back, am I correct? It looks like there is more support for the lower back and more cushion for the upper back.
    - Some of the models you've referred me to are cloth, are each of these chairs available in both cloth and leather?
    I'm sure I'll have more questions later, thank you for all your help!

Hi Jane,

Not dumb questions at all! I find most women generally like seat depths around 20", or even 19", with the same measurements on the seat height. Avoid the models that are over 20" in seat height and 21.5" or deeper in depth, those are made for tall men.

Bustle backs are the kings of comfort for most, no question about it.

Yes, for the most part, any chair you see in cloth can be done in leather (on some models a skirt modification may be required.)

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie

Jane A Guest

Hi Duane,

It does help, thanks.

You mention seat height and depths of 19" - 20" being appropriate, I like the looks of the Martial (3039), which is 17" in height, do you think that is a bit short for me? And it seems like all of the fabric chairs are uniformly shorter, in the 17"- 18" range.

To be quite honest, I much prefer the looks of chairs with legs, like the Evening or Journey, but that defeats the purpose of my quest. Somehow the Martial seems a little less clunky to me than some of the others.

After I get the style picked I'll be on to questions about the covering!

Thanks again,
    Jane

That should be a good one, the # 3039 Martial. Dimensionally, it should feel pretty good, and won't bee too short for you.

Yes, you pretty much have to have a base-to-the-floor kind of chair because of all the power motor mechanism.
    Duane Collie

Jane A Guest

Great, thank you. I will get to a few stores over the next week or so to "try out" a variety of loungers for fit. After that it will be a leap of faith to buy an H&M lounger that I haven't even sat in.