Thread: Advice needed on sofa/chairs for great room

Threaded View

hmbgal1 Guest

Default Advice needed on sofa/chairs for great room

I am a newbie to this forum. I've read a lot of the posts, tho, and it seems like details are asked on usage, etc. I hope I don't give too much.

We need to replace our sofa/loveseat in our great room. This is our main living space in our home. We use it to watch TV, hang out with friends, and have dinner when lots of family/friends are over. The room is 25' long by 20'wide. We do not have a formal dining room so we split the usage of this room in half. The fireplace is the focal point whether watching TV (flat panel hidden behind wooden panel) or hanging with others. We have natural knotty pine beamed ceilings, light oak flooring, oak mantelpiece. cherry end tables/dining table, and a oriental rug with dark blue in background & tan/gold, rose, sage green in the patterns. Everything else is up for changing. And we like casual -- not formal feel.

In replacing our sofa/loveseat, we want to maximize seating for watching movies but it will also be used for conversations with friends/family. Think we need a bigger home but that's not an option!

We are thinking of getting a sofa & two chairs - probably H&M Austin High-back sofa as my husband is 6'1" and likes the head support. As for the two chairs, not sure yet. I'm not keen on looks of the bustle back (prefer regular pillows) but have agreed to this as its very comfortable. I'm 5'8" so it doesn't feel too big.

Here's our questions:
    1. Should we do the same leather and same color for all pieces or leather & fabric? Thinking all leather but not sure if I like the idea of all the same color. We like Buckingham Walnut Burnished (kind of golden color).

2. Is it best to have the same style of chairs? Recliner and regular chair/ottoman or two recliners.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9549.JPG 
Views:	535 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	1523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9548.JPG 
Views:	474 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	1524