Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: taylor king fabric name

Default taylor king fabric name

Can anyone tell me the name of this fabric?
    [houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/2134786/Mediterranean-Haven-traditional-family-room-orange-county]

Default Re: taylor king fabric name

The photo is not in great enough detail for me to identify. I am amused the number of people asking for details and she will not supply the fabric name/identifier, as she wants the sale. You'll never get that here, if I know it I'll tell you what it is and how its configured. While I value and need sales like any other business in order to stay open and provide free services like this forum, I also believe you buy from whomever you like and therefore will not hide / code / mislead on any information.

That appears to be a Chenille, and there are at least a dozen in the Taylor King line that it could come close to.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

You are awesome. Yes, I got the impression too that the designer was ignoring requests for the fabric name. Does Chenille wear well or is it prone to pilling or things getting caught on it?

Can i ask a favor because TK isn't responding. Can you easily identify names of all the TK crypton fabrics? I found one called Knobby Pewter but it reads green to me so I'm hoping to be able to look closer at other Crypton fabrics.

Chenille is super durable and very plush/sofa. I like it much better than Crypton fabric. What Crypton has going for it is that is easy to clean and remove stains and dirt. However it will not have the nice 'hand' that a Chenille does, or look as rich.

I don't have a list of fabrics from TK by brand (i.e., Crypton). Its not something they break out by supplier. You can see it on the Portfolio listing somewhat as "Performance" fabrics. Posted here on the forum in the Upholstery section.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Chenille is super durable and very plush/sofa. I like it much better than Crypton fabric. What Crypton has going for it is that is easy to clean and remove stains and dirt. However it will not have the nice 'hand' that a Chenille does, or look as rich.

I don't have a list of fabrics from TK by brand (i.e., Crypton). Its not something they break out by supplier. You can see it on the Portfolio listing somewhat as "Performance" fabrics. Posted here on the forum in the Upholstery section.
    Thankyou again Doug. Are there any tk Chenille in a light to medium tan fabric that you like and would suggest i look at? i can't tell on line which are chenille. i found a Jessica Charles fabric on line which is the tan tone i'm hoping for but again i can't tell what the fabic is. Would you know anything about Lancaster camel?http://www.jessicacharles.com/Fabric

I've been looking for quite awhile now so any help you can provide will be very, very much appreciated.

I will look into that... but the URL is incomplete. Can you re-post?
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I will look into that... but the URL is incomplete. Can you re-post?
    Thankyou doug, here is the jessica charles site
    http://www.jessicacharles.com/Fabrics

"Lancaster Camel" is 100 % Polyester. Myself, I would never buy an upholstery fabric with that content if I was going to have moderate use or more. 100 % Poleyster 'pills' from friction. we know that from wearing Polyester slacks/pants and what happens to it when your thighs rub the pants together. I much prefer a blend, but good blends like Linen, Cotton and Wool can be pricey.
    Duane Collie

rain_man1217 Guest

Have you seen the new and improved Crypton Home fabrics? You no longer have to sacrifice a residential hand and aesthetic for performance. Taylor King has a wide range and several different chenille options, including both cottons and rayons. Crypton Home fabrics are not the same as the Crypton Fabrics of old. These are designed and styled for residential interiors, rather than commercial installations. Also, they are liquid repellent and stain resistant - only soap and water cleans out virtually every stain.

Yes, Crypton and Sunbrella are a very hot category right now since they have developed fabrics that no longer feel like sandpaper, in fact last week I requested a separate ring of them from my Taylor King Rep and suggested to H&M and Jessica Charles they denote which of their fabrics are in that category (right now only Jessica Charles has them in the lineup). While easy to clean, they won't necessarily be longer lasting than any other man-made synthetic fabric so its important not to confuse cleanability with durability
    Duane Collie