Thread: H&M Abbott Recliner - Antelope Rust

Default H&M Abbott Recliner - Antelope Rust

Here is a pic of my H&M Abbott Recliner in antelope rust. The antelope rust is a deep, rich, dark red and it compliments my sofas perfectly. I've had it about 6 months and it's just starting to get softer and softer. I can't say enough about the antelope leather, I would buy it again in a second over a lower graded leather.

I love the bustle back, very comfortable, but the chair may be a smidge too wide for me. It's got more inside room than many of H&M's other recliners, and I find myself sometimes using a throw pillow or two on either side to help rest my arms. I may have picked a narrower chair if I had it to do all over again. Minor issue but may help someone here when they are trying to decide.

You may be able to see in the picture that the seat cushion is "rolling" in a bit on the front edge. I'm not sure what is causing this, there are no kids or pets in the house and we are very careful with our furniture. Maybe Duane can shed some light?

I had originally ordered the firm Q21 cores because I was concerned about the look of the cushions sagging over time, but just this week I've ordered some standard cores to replace them. I'm finding the Q21's much too firm. It's my only (minor) complaint, and I'm assuming the standard cores will make this heavenly to sit in. Unless you have a very bad back or something, I don't think I'd recommend the Q21 cores.

Duane was, and is, an absolute pleasure to do business with. Through all of my questions, concerns, and decision making he was nothing but positive, helpful, and patient. It's rare these days and I can't say enough about his service.

Default Re: H&M Abbott Recliner - Antelope Rust

That roll-over on the front edge is caused by the cushion not being fully seated to the rear of the chair. Pull it off the velcro and reposition it as far back into the chair as you can. There's a little trick to doing this....

1) Set the front edge first with the cushion at a 45 degree angle, so that its actually a little TOO far back by about an inch or so.

2) Press the cushion downward and go ahead and 'schooch' it in under the lower bustle, force it in.

That sets the seat casing all the way to the rear and then the edge won't get trapped by the recliner mechanism.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Duane, that's the first thing I thought of too - but the seat has always been pushed back as far as it can go. The seat doesn't get caught in the mechanism at all - it just seems to have developed solely by sitting. It's weird I know, but I have unfastened it many times and pushed back just as far as it will go..

A phone call to H&M fingers the culprit...its the Extra Full Seat Cores that are doing that. When the cushion is over-stuffed, it tends to catch in the mechanism. Once you get the new standard cores it should resolve the problem.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Thanks Duane!!