Thread: New here and starting from scratch

Threaded View

psrunyan Guest

Default New here and starting from scratch

Hi all,
    Like a lot of people here, I found my way here from the Garden Web. Aggravating as it can be GW can contain some useful information and that is how I found Duane and his Furniture 101 posts. That in turn led me to the link for this site. Duane, you have done a great job providing information and guidance to everyone here. I now know why I dislike all my furniture so much!

I have been a constant visitor for the past several weeks and my time has been well spent. Armed with my new knowledge and a good idea of what I wanted I visited two local furniture stores. At the first one I was completely amazed at the lack of knowledge of their product and what they tried to pass it off as quality furniture. The second carried H&M and other quality brands, but had no H&M sofas on the floor except a special order "Hill Country" model gimped and nailed to the max and priced at $12K. No thanks. They did have an Austin high back recliner!

So, now it's back to the forum and looking for your advice. I'm including pictures of my current layout and the plan from Icovia showing dimensions. This is a small awkward room, but it's where we spend most of our time. The Journey or September sofa would be the first choice for comfort. Then what else works in this space? Two chairs, loveseat, chair and recliner? The room seems crowded to me now and I'm not sure what to look at beyond the sofa.

Your ideas and thoughts would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Peggy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myimage.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	1560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	1561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	1562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	1563