Thread: Comfort of H & M Lakota Sofa

Missynme Guest

Default Comfort of H & M Lakota Sofa

I fell in love with the curves on the H&M Lakota and went to my local dealer for pricing and leather selection. I'm just a little concerned because the sofa has one cushion across the full back (I'm not sure what the jargon is for that type of back). I don't just want a sofa that looks good, I need one I can sit in and be comfortable; but, I can't try it out because the dealers in my area don't have any floor models for test sitting. Has anyone ever sat in a Lakota? Any observations or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Comfort of H & M Lakota Sofa

That style of back is called a 'tight back' and they tend to sit more firm than a cushioned back. While I've not sat in a Lakota, its one that looks more built for statement and style. And of course 'comfort' is a subjective thing. In the H&M line, most of my customers tend to thing the Austin High Back, Journey, Journal, Kodiak, September and Evening are the tops for comfort.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Missynme Guest

Thanks for your expertise. We are going to go try out a couple of the models you suggested and place an order today.

I called my H&M Sales Rep at the High Point Market this morning and they have one in the Showroom (this is the Furniture Market that runs for one week, every 6 months). Jackie went over and sat in it (she's 5' 4") and told me that with the Ultra Down cushions in it, she finds it quote comfortable. Back is firm, but not too much so. She can touch the floor with her feet if she doesn't sit all the way back in it as well. She told me that she would give it a 'thumbs up' for comfort.

I think I'll to to Market on Tuesday the 19th, so I'll check it out then as well. Jackie tells me its going to be the feature sofa on a national ad campaign.

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Missynme Guest

Thank You for all your help. Our dealer actually found another H&M Tight Back style on their floor, so we sat in it yesterday and found it was just as your H&M Rep said. Slightly firmer back, but very comfortable. My tall husband (6'4") and I (5'5") were both able to sit comfortably on the sofa. The higher back was great for hubby, an the firmer feel was great for me because I tend to feel like I'm in a recliner on sofa's with backs that are softer. Based on that, we ordered a pair of the Lakota's in Document Crimson with the R nail "spaced". We're so excite to put them in our new home. Thank you for all of your previous posts as well. They really helped us make an informed choice between H&M and B-Y sofas. It would have been much harder without the info you provided.