Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying from Klaussner or Blacklion

Doggienice Guest

Default Buying from Klaussner or Blacklion

Hello,

Well, I am new to buying furniture and never bought online. I want to buy a 'Comfort Design' (Klaussner Home Furnishings out of North Carolina), Zone 2 leather recliner. I saw the chair at Bloomingdales on sale for $1840 (plus sales tax), and found it online for $1030!!! The online company is Blacklion Furniture. They sent me leather samples but have since not returned two phone messages so I am nervous about placing an order with them. However, and there is a big however: the difference in price is over 100%. What to do? I am in New York City. Has anyone ever done business with Blacklion or any familiarity with Klaussner? Can your company sell this product?

Thank you.

Default Re: Buy Local or via Internet?

Blacklion has been around a long time, as to why they don't return your calls I can't say - seems they should. If you decide to order through them, do so with a credit card which pretty much insures they have to deliver you the product or risk a chargeback. You will probably have delivery charges on top of that quote (unless its included in the price). There is a lot of furniture business transacted via long distance, and its usually done very efficiently and correctly. Sorry, I don't carry the Klaussner product line or I'd be glad to help you out with a price and shipping info.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Doggienice Guest

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. I have thought of calling Klaussner direct. I read your advice and would want to check to see if they are in good standing with the company. Also thought of going to a local store (other than Bloomingdales), and seeing if they would order this for me. I would be willing to pay a bit more, but not double the price, for peace of mind.

Yes the quote includes shipping. Perhaps he made a mistake in the price and that is the reason he does not call back. If that is the case it is silly not to just change the quote. Who knows!

Klaussner really won't help you much. The climate has changed, and they won't tell you if a business is in good stead - or not. Bloomies is a FULL retail store, just about anyone can beat their prices, whether or not they hang a red 'sale' tag on something or not.

My general thoughts are that if you left TWO messages telling them you were ready to make a purchase and they didn't reply - then how good will they be is a problem surfaces after the sale?
    Duane Collie

Doggienice Guest

You are absolutely correct. I have to find another dealer. Any suggestions? I did just buy a Kluft mattress from bloomingdales. It has not been delivered as yet. It is the bottom of the line, the 'overture' on 'sale' which is the real price $1840 including tax and delivery. i have a platform bed and do not need the box spring. Hate buying anything from that store.

Surely there must be a dealer in Klaussner somewhere that would be more than happy to sell you that piece. Its not like there is an overabundance of customer orders these days!

I saw this...appears to be their own outlet? May be worth a phone call to find out:

Klaussner Furniture Outlet

214 Nc Highway 49 S., Asheboro, NC 27205-9559
    p: 336 625 1985
    Duane Collie

Doggienice Guest

Thanks for your trouble. I appreciate your help. I will try them. I did some research and the Klaussner company has terrible reviews. The complaints are poor workmanship and non responsive customer service, what you would expect with furniture. Happy people usually don't bother to post a review online. But as you said, paying with a credit card offers some protection.

What I am looking for is a contemporary design recliner. Hard to find and because this one is in Bloomingdales, I was able to try it, and found it really very comfortable. Elite leather used to make one that they discontinued. (Also saw that at Bloomingdales). Do you deal with Elite leather?

Show us a photo or link to the recliner you are liking, maybe there's a quality version of the style we can find. For upholstery, I carry Hancock & Moore, Leathercraft, Bradington Young, Taylor King, Jessica Charles, Councill and Southwood.
    Duane Collie

Doggienice Guest

Here is the link to Blacklion: http://www.blacklion.com/store/produ...ecliner-CLP101
    /Users/victoria/Pictures/MP Navigator/2010_09_11/IMG.jpg
    http://www.comfortdesignfurniture.co...fo.aspx?sid=73

That's a pretty unique design. Closest I have from any makers I carry would be this Leathercraft piece, and its not that close!

http://leathercraft-furniture.com/in...ebacks/217_07/
    Duane Collie