Thread: Can You Get High Point Prices from a Local Furniture Dealer

woodsidequeen Guest

Default Can You Get High Point Prices from a Local Furniture Dealer

Can Stickley upholestered furniture be bought at a discount? Are the deals in High Point really that good? I went to HP twice in the last 15 years and felt I received good pricing, and I am considering going again. I need a sofa, 3 chairs and dining table. Saw a Stickley 2000 sofa and got a price of $3500 in a mid-grade fabric, just wondered if going to Stickley-Audi in HP would offer a better deal.

Default Re: Buy Local or via Internet?

In my experience, you don't need to go to High Point to get the best prices.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Can You Get High Point Prices from a Local Furniture Dealer

Have you expanded your search from dealers nearby to dealers that might be an hour or more away? I find in my area sometimes it pays for a road trip because sometimes you come across a dealer who will deliver free or at a very reasonable cost and has aggressive pricing. To find stores carrying the lines you're interested in check the furniture companies website for dealers and it they lack a search button most will respond to an email requesting for more dealer in your "area".

MichaelB Guest

Default Re: Can You Get High Point Prices from a Local Furniture Dealer

In my limited experience, High Point can be a hit and miss proposition. It depends on the store that you end up at, whether the items are left-over market samples or just typical demos, and how good you are at negotiating. Yes, some places will negotiate!

The best price is going to be snagged if you can find a place going out of business. The problem with that is that selection is limited, the stuff is often damaged or worn, and some liquidators will mark up the price only to "slash them" back down to the full retail price that they were last month, before they went out of business.

Michael