Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extra Full Cores on Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair 2038NB

john di Guest

Default Extra Full Cores on Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair 2038NB

I just placed an order with Duane for 2 Austin High Back Tilt Back chairs with extra full Q21 cores. I chose these cores because I wanted to avoid leather "puddling" as the chairs break in but I am a little concerned that these cores are not as comfortable as the standard cores. I would appreciate any information on standard vs. extra full cores from people who have the Austin High Back Tilt Back chair especially with regard to comfort. Thanks.

john di Guest

Default Re: Extra Full Cores on Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair 2038NB

Hi Duane,

Back in June 2009 you wrote, “…If you bought a # 2038NB I've been seeing these arriving 'loose' in the seats and backs…I have brought this to the attention of H&M and will follow up with an advisory to them again on Monday, that they need to address this issue or at least double check their specs…”.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...hlight=2038%2A

Did H&M make any changes based on your advisory? Do you still recommend the Q21 cores on the 2038NB? With the Q21 cores would you still rate the 2038NB a “5” for comfort?

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...hlight=2038%2A

Thanks,

John

H&M did not make any changes to the 2038NB cores even after i brought this to their attention. I still recommend them in that model only and most customers are pleased with the modification. Either way, the chair is very comfortable, the extra-full units will cut way down on the leather 'puddling' and some say the lumbar support is better with them as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

john di Guest

Thanks Duane. The last small bit of apprehension has now been assuaged. We're anxiously looking forward to receiving the pair of Austin High Back Tilt Back chairs (with Q21 cores) and the Austin High Back sofa (all in Yardley Tobacco) that we ordered from “The Keeping Room” last week.

Did you order the Austin High Back sofa with Q21 cores too?

john di Guest

kazhuveri,

We did not order the Q21 cores for the sofa. See Duane's comment above in this string. The high back tilt back (2038NB) is the only model for which he recommends the Q21 cores.

STexas Guest

Default Re: Extra Full Cores on Austin High Back Tilt Back Chair 2038NB?

Hi Duane -
    We have finally decided on the 2038NB Austin High Back Tilt back chair and ottoman (is it the 8031 ottoman that goes with it?). Anyways, I see it's been about a year since the last post on this thread and I wanted to see if you were still recommending that customers order the Q21 cushions (back and seat) on this model instead of the standard Quallax cushions.

Are most customers happier with this upgrade from aesthetic and comfort point of views?

We are leaning toward Columbia Coffee, and we would love your opinion as to which nails (color and size) and wood color look best with this leather. Is this still one of your fave leathers in a grade 1 or 2?

We do love Antelope too, but I think this would bump up our price considerably. Is the quality/look that much better with Antelope or based on your experience, would we be just as or almost as happy with Columbia.

Any news on the new T & C program or upcoming "specials/sales"?

Thank you so much for your expert opinion...you are so helpful to all of us on this forum!!

I think it all depends on what you want out of the chair as to which core density you select. The standard is 16 oz, and the firmer is 21 oz. Same price, either way. The 16 ox will allow for a more relaxed sit, but is also going to result in the seat cushion to have more 'puddling' and the back cushions to appear more collapsed. The 21 oz core will sit slightly firmer and retain the 'as new' shape appearance better than the 16 oz, but you won't nest your body in the chair quite as much as you would with the 16 oz. I can't say there is a definite preference one way or the other from my customers. Most that order the 21 oz seem to like them (a few do not) and most that order the standards seem to be happy with them as well (and a few do not!).

Colombia is still the ONLY Price Grade 1 leather that I personally recommend. In GR 2's your choices widen considerably. I happen to like the "A" nail with the Coffee color and usually suggest the Java leg finish.

Going from a GR 1 to a GR 4 price is going to add $ 973 to the price for the combo (at my store). I can't really tell you if that's worth it or not, as I don't know your disposable income situation. Certainly the GR1 chair will be fully functioning and very attractive, and last just as lone as the GR 4 given reasonable care. The look and hand of the leather will be different between the two however, and only you can decide if that's worth the difference.

The T&C Program will be completely overhauled in less than 30 days I'm told. Expect item adds/drops and cover changes / prices. I don't know what those will be - just that its going to happen. That's all that on the horizon at least through the end of January.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

STexas, we have owned H&M sofas and chairs in both Antelope and Columbia leathers and find both to be excellent. The Antelope is more refined and even the uninformed observer can identify it as the more expensive leather. It has more depth of color, more interest with tone and a slightly softer feel. If money was not a concern we would select the Antelope but our latest purchase was Columbia coffee and we are very happy with the quality and value of this leather.

Hope this helps.
    Larry

STexas Guest

Thank you Larry and Duane for your advice

After looking closely at both the Columbia Coffee and Antelope Saddle, I think we are leaning toward Antelope Saddle because of the lower sheen and softness.

Duane, assuming we go with the Antelope Saddle, which Nail & Wood would you do with that hide?

Thank you!!

Sandra