Thread: ADMIN: Private Messages

Default ADMIN: Private Messages

NOTICE 10-31-10: PM's are not working for me at this time, I am getting v.bulletin errors when I try to access them. Please send inquires to dcollie@keepingroom.com rather than using PM's until this can be resolved.

I get lots of PM's (Private Messages) from forum members. V.Bulletin's software makes it easy to do this, but there are two flaws to be aware of in PM's:

1) Do not use QUICK REPLY in PM's, as it won't keep the conversation together. The QUICK REPLY box will appear below any PM and is tempting to use, but you lose any prior communication. While you might remember what we were swapping PM's about topic-wise, I won't because I do so many in a day. Instead use the REPLY TO SENDER button which will keep the whole conversation intact and allows us to review prior PM's on the same topic.

2) I cannot keep old copies of PM's. For some reason, it slows the Database to a crawl and it takes up to 1 minute for my computer to open new ones and reply as well. That's too long! I get a lot of PM volume and have found in order to keep my PM funciton usable, I can only save a couple of days worth. If you want to have an electronic conversation that can be saved over time, better to email me at dcollie@keepingroom.com. Those I can save for months....

3) Please use PMs only for pricing and ordering info. If you ask me general questions as to style, comfort, leathers, etc, I will refer you back to the public forums to post.

Thanks!
    Last edited by drcollie; 10-31-2010 at 09:27 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.