Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Photos!

crunchysue Guest

Default Re: Spill Test

Thanks, BevoGal. I've gotten a lot out of the site and I just wanted to give some back!
    Quote Originally Posted by BevoGal View Post
    I am impressed with your testing and photo documentation - invaluable for this site!

Daisymarie18 Guest

Default Re: Photos!

Quote Originally Posted by DCGator631 View Post
    Did you get to the store to check out Tiburon? Thoughts? I'm waiting on samples to arrive in the mail.
    I did...and I LOVE it. The color is beautiful, and I love how it scratches and stretches. I don't know if it will work with my sectional though It might have too much orange in it to coordinate with the more red- brown in the Hand Antiqued Saddle...the search continues

crunchysue Guest

What about the browner Tiburons? I love the pull-ups, too. Sad that I can't take comparison pictures of them for you; I sent all the samples off to New York yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisymarie18 View Post
    I did...and I LOVE it. The color is beautiful, and I love how it scratches and stretches. I don't know if it will work with my sectional though It might have too much orange in it to coordinate with the more red- brown in the Hand Antiqued Saddle...the search continues

Daisymarie18 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by crunchysue View Post
    What about the browner Tiburons? I love the pull-ups, too. Sad that I can't take comparison pictures of them for you; I sent all the samples off to New York yesterday.
    From what I could tell the other Tiburon brown choices are really dark brown shades, they need some more lighter tan choices! There was one called Tiburon Mink that was pretty, but I couldn't tell if it would look brown, gray or green made up on a big piece like the Author chair. I'm considering the T&C Campaign Ottoman in Tuscany Harness, so I might throw in the Tuscany Saddle as an option, but I have seen 3 samples of it, and every one was a completely different shade of brown. I'm getting nowhere fast, lol!

crunchysue Guest

Well I think no matter which one you choose it'll be different than others of the same; Duane says to expect up to a 20% difference (whatever that means, not sure exactly). You can always do a CFA. How about Garfield Fawn? That was one of my top choices and it's on the lighter side.

From what I could tell the other Tiburon brown choices are really dark brown shades, they need some more lighter tan choices! There was one called Tiburon Mink that was pretty, but I couldn't tell if it would look brown, gray or green made up on a big piece like the Author chair. I'm considering the T&C Campaign Ottoman in Tuscany Harness, so I might throw in the Tuscany Saddle as an option, but I have seen 3 samples of it, and every one was a completely different shade of brown. I'm getting nowhere fast, lol!

Daisymarie18 Guest

Well I think no matter which one you choose it'll be different than others of the same; Duane says to expect up to a 20% difference (whatever that means, not sure exactly). You can always do a CFA. How about Garfield Fawn? That was one of my top choices and it's on the lighter side.
    Ae the Garfield's a heavy pull-up like Tiburon?

crunchysue Guest

They're not quite AS pullupy, as the Tiburon, no. They have a really interesting depth to them, though. If you look at all the pics I took (http://houseofcrunchy.com/ham/leathers.php), the ones that have a bunch of fingernail scratches are the pull-ups. Atticus Chestnut might work for you. Sedona has a major pull-up factor, even more than Tiburon; not sure what colors it comes in as I only looked at the Moss, which was my second favorite green.
    Ae the Garfield's a heavy pull-up like Tiburon?

Daisymarie18 Guest

They're not quite AS pullupy, as the Tiburon, no. They have a really interesting depth to them, though. If you look at all the pics I took (http://houseofcrunchy.com/ham/leathers.php), the ones that have a bunch of fingernail scratches are the pull-ups. Atticus Chestnut might work for you. Sedona has a major pull-up factor, even more than Tiburon; not sure what colors it comes in as I only looked at the Moss, which was my second favorite green.
    Lol, I think I have actually used that word "pullupy" in a recent conversation or two...I'll go check out your pics again. I actually looked at Atticus Chestnut and Sedona Harness today, and I liked both colors! Tiburon looks more expensive to me...maybe because of the thickness or waxiness of it? I love the rugged look of all of them though

crunchysue Guest

I like the ruggedness, too. The thickness of the samples is meaningless, though, and I had to keep reminding myself of that. The samples are scraps that were deemed unworthy of furniture.

Lol, I think I have actually used that word "pullupy" in a recent conversation or two...I'll go check out your pics again. I actually looked at Atticus Chestnut and Sedona Harness today, and I liked both colors! Tiburon looks more expensive to me...maybe because of the thickness or waxiness of it? I love the rugged look of all of them though

artielange Guest

I have Tiburon Butternut and Sedona Moss and I can tell you that they are really, really different. Tiburon is glossy, slippery, and doesn't really mark as easily. As you say, less pullupy. The Sedona Moss is rough, rugged, very old and abused looking, and any little pull up mark is pretty much there to stay. I have it on a small half fabric/half leather bench and it looks fantastic in this instance, but if I had it covering an entire sofa, it would drive me crazy! We sit on it and write our names on the leather. If a dog jumps on it, the marks are there for a very long time. They are really not at all the same to live with.