Thread: Let's see a photo of your pet!

Default Let's see a photo of your pet!

Since we have all this chat of dogs and cats on leather upholstery, lets meet the offending members in your home. I'll start off, this is the family Westie, named 'Sammie', though I believe he thinks his real name is "SAMMIE-NO!!", since that's what he hears most often. He's 10 months old, full of beans, stubborn as they come and is the happiest people-loving dog you ever met. He likes to sleep on the Bradington Young Loveseat (leather) that we have - its 15 years old and seen two kids raised on it, so what the heck, he's not going to hurt that old war-horse.

He's not allowed in my H&M Sadler Recliner, however - and he knows it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sammie.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	1879
    Last edited by drcollie; 11-17-2010 at 06:57 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Riddle Guest

Default Re: Let's see a photo of your pet!

We don't do much photography. It never interested me and DH is blind. When we married I had 3 cats and DH had 2.

Only the youngest of my group is still alive. Lulu is 19. This photo is from 2004.

Name:	Lulu - Copy.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	1881

My avatar is Max - he looks a bit like a Holstein, and if he gets any bigger we could show him at the fair! He's 8 now. Tina, the black cat, is 16. DH took the photo below in 2003 - long before he knew me. Note how slim Maxie was back then!

Name:	kEVIN'S 1S JAN 20 03 016.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	1882

mcarey Guest

Name:	Finn and Flags 005.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	1883

We recently received our beautiful new H&M leather Evening sofa and Abbott recliner fom The Keeping Room. For the first couple of months our golden did not even attempt to get on it and we were so impressed with his obedience. He must have heard us bragging because now we can't seem to keep him off of the sofa or recliner! I must admit, our H&M furniture is sooo comfortable!). Anyway, In order to keep his "four on the floor" we have to put these flags on the sofa every night before we go to bed! A couple of years ago, we had trained him not to go upstairs or in the dining room with these flags that I constructed from tinker toys and used with a portable electronic zone barrier system. We haven't needed to use the electronic collar yet, and have not found him on the leather since using the flags. Hopefully, someday we won't need to erect flags every night before going to bed!

He's got his pillow, ready for bed!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

habs88 Guest

Love the look on the golden's face. "Come on guys.. it looks so comfortable, can I please lay on it?" We had to put our chocolate lab (Casey) down last month. We have a brown fabric sofa that is very close in color to Casey's coat. We now look back and get a good laugh at when she used to stealth herself onto the couch without anyone noticing (she was 100 pounds back when healthy). She sometimes blended right in and would give that look like only a dog can when they are busted, very similar to the golden above.

This is our wonderful dog, Julie, whom we rescued during Hurricane Floyd in September 1999 almost immediately after we moved to NC. We selected a February birth date based on the Vet’s estimating her age at the time, so she will be 12 years old in February. She is a multi-mix, 55-pounder, with a little bit of Chow. She doesn't look like a Chow or any recognizable breed for that matter. It has only been since Julie began turning gray that we can now see her lovely face in pictures!! Before that, we just saw two red eyes!

We're very fortunate that Julie and our previous dogs never got on people furniture.

Name:	Julie.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	1913