Thread: Kashmira by Flexsteel?

Maxie-ann Guest

Default Kashmira by Flexsteel?

Hi Everyone,
    Went shopping over the weekend with a friend as we are both looking at livingroom furniture. One of the store that sell flexsteel have this fabic that is called Kashmira, its suede-like texture, according to the salesperson excellent resistance to fading, rated heavy-duty wearibility, stains or spills disappear with soapy water. Anyone have it if so what do you think of it

Default Re: Kashmira by Flexsteel?

This fabric is apparently sold exclusively in this country through Flexsteel. All of the claims that they make for cleanability and durability are the same as the Microfibres, Inc. 24/7 100% nylon fabrics that my company carries. The one difference that I can see is that Flexsteel demonstrates the Kashmira fabric by writing on it with a ball point pen and then wiping out the stain. With the 24/7 fabrics we also wipe off a ball point pen stain in about a second but then go on to write on the fabric with a thick black permanent marker and then wipe that off with a damp sponge and some liquid hand soap.

Kashmira is produced overseas. Microfibres, Inc. is an American company producing its fabrics in Winston-Salem, NC and somewhere up in New England also.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas
    Last edited by simplyjeff; 11-23-2010 at 12:50 AM. Reason: additional information

That's amazing that you can wipe off permanent marker!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

These Microfibre 24/7 fabrics were developed for the healthcare industry so they need to be easily cleaned and disinfected. The company makes the identical fabric for the residential furniture industry (looks and feels identical). The only difference is that the furniture version does not have the permanent stain protection built in and costs about 30% less.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas

I saw a demonstration a few years ago at a furniture row store of there microfiber stuff. They stuck a pen through it to show how it heals after that, wrote on it to show how easy cleaned it is and a few other things.

I'm not so sure on the 'self-healing' claim, I'd like to see that in person. Microfibers are nothing magic, they're just super-fine polyesters. A hole through the fabric is a hole through the fabric....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I'm not so sure on the 'self-healing' claim, I'd like to see that in person. Microfibers are nothing magic, they're just super-fine polyesters. A hole through the fabric is a hole through the fabric....
    Actually I was mentioning what they showed to me during the sales pitch. As for healing powers of the fabric I doubt it did but it seemed to be able hide the hole better than some other materials would.

Some of the old low end olefin fabrics used to be able to have a pen poked through between the fibers without damage. (The old brand name for these olefin fabrics was Herculon). I have never heard of that test being done with a microfiber.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas

Quote Originally Posted by simplyjeff View Post
    Some of the old low end olefin fabrics used to be able to have a pen poked through between the fibers without damage. (The old brand name for these olefin fabrics was Herculon). I have never heard of that test being done with a microfiber.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas
    This was at the furniture Row store Sofa Mart store (they also have oak express and two bedroom stores). I swore it was a microfiber they showed us and not only did they write on it but also put a hold into it, this was a few years ago so maybe my memory is a bit hazy. I do recall most of their display furniture was in a microfiber/suede like material and had over large cushions. I didn't buy anything from their but thought that any fabric that can hold up in a heavy traffic environment that may have kids/pets and still be easy to clean would be great.