Thread: Cushion type and leather puddling

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

Default Cushion type and leather puddling

So, are Maxi-Ann and I, like, the most excited posters on the forum today?

With regard to the Journey sectional, if I were to pay the additional charge for the Ultra Down cushions, should I expect deep puddling of the covers with Garfield, Upton, Kipling, Yardley or Imperial (the hides that are currently speaking to me)?

Or do you recommend staying with the standard Qualux cushions (is extra full worth considering?)? The Journey chairs we sat in were Ultra Downs...for that matter, I believe everything on which we sat and liked was Ultra Down.

What about the back cushions?

Comfort, comfort, comfort, it's all about comfort..OK, and looks. Jeez, straddling the fence is painful! See what you've gone and done now? I'll need cush after straddling the fence <wink>

Tammy

Maxie-ann Guest

Default Re: Cushion type and leather puddling

Duane,
    Opps! not sure what happened to my reply so here goes again! I could not sleep last night, how sad right. Love the swatches I have and know now why so many people including you love the Antelope! Now to discuss with hubby to see if it works in our budget. I would have loved to find a Journey or September sofa to try, the only sofa's that the Stickley store had were the City, Metro and of course Austin. Which I have to say I loved! I believe you suggested the extra fill for the cushions, we are also all about comfort! I really did like the Columbia and the Ryan too. So I have alot to think about, oh! have to agree with Tammy this is painful. talk to you soon
    Maxie-Ann

Too funny....you two!

You know how this Black Friday Special all got started? I called up Jack Glasheen (CEO of H&M) on Saturday the 13th and said "Jack, how about you do a H&M Black Friday Special for your dealers?" Jack says "We've never done that before, and I don't think anyone else in the furniture industry has either, do you think there will be a good response to it?" I said "Only one way to find out, lets roll one out. Can be anything you like - overgoods, a piece you want to promote - just give me something to put out there, why not give it a try, every other consumer product has a Black Friday Special, why not furniture?" Jack told me he'd consider it...and then there it was, though I didn't expect him to put the whole line on sale for two days. I bet I call him once a month with my nutty ideas, he tells me that I'm "always thinking". <g>

Anyways, onto Ultra Down. You're going to get a smidge more puddling in the seats with them, but probably no more than 10% over the standard cores. Other than that, its just a preference of what feels good to YOU. I tend to like firmer cushions myself, so when I buy H&M for my house I stay with standard cores or even go standard with +1 firmness. But that's just my preference. If you want a soft, luxury feel, the Ultra Down will definitely deliver that level of plushness.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

If I upgrade the Journey sectional cushions to ultradown, does that include the back cushions, too?

We are looking at having the sectional built with one arm/side as a 3-seat and the other as a 2-seat. As I would expect DH and I to "hang" on the 2-seat side, I thought (given the type of seat cushion) that I could rotate the seat cushions around (excluding the quarter/corner of course) to minimize puddling. Can I rotate the seat cushions around (not flipping them over but more like rotating tires <g>) or are there size variations that would preclude this?

The back cushions are partially attached so I can flip them over and "beat them up" to fluff them? Or would they even need fluffing?

Tammy