Thread: Nail head and wood trim options

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

Default Nail head and wood trim options

Duane,

I'd read somewhere on the forum which nail heads are typically swapped for no additional charge...can't find it now, of course. I assume the "A" is std on the Journey. Is there an upcharge for either the "EE" or "H"?

Which wood trim is standard on the Journey? I'm considering the Java or Metropolitan with the Yardley Cognac hide.

Matching wood & nail head on Campaign Cocktail ottoman w/Imperial Whiskey Burnished hide.

DH due at the door in about 2 hours <yea!!!!>

Tammy

PS I hope today is a door busting, internet smoking busy day for you!

Default Re: Nail head and wood trim options

There are some nails you can swap out at no charge (see the current H&M Nail Board under the LEATHER sub-forum). If you don't specify a nail, then the "A" nail is standard on most (but not all) pieces.

No cost swaps to the following nails: BB, DD, FF, H, I, J, K, L, S, Y.

"EE" carries a $ 128 upcharge on a sofa.

On most H&M pieces, if you don't specify a finish it will come in Mahogany Distress. Java and Metropolitan are nice finished, and very dark. You don't have a lot of wood showing on the Journey - just the bun foot, so its not a highly critical decision to make.

I'm SURE the first thing your husband will want to talk about this evening will be a new leather sofa <chortle>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

Good morning, Duane (afternoon in your case). A couple of nail-type questions, please.

1. In comparing nail heads, should I give greater weight on aesthetics based on your photo of the nail sample board at http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...l-Trim-Options or the H&M site at http://www.hancockandmoore.com/nailh...?productid=858 There is a distinct difference when comparing the same type of nail between the 2 sites.

2. I can't find nail K anywhere. Any ideas where to look? Also, the sample board photo does not have the BB or FF. I don't anticipate a real interest in either of them (BB or FF) based on what I see on the H&M site, but I didn't know if you knew.

3. Which nail is at the top of the H&M page as linked above?

Tammy
    Last edited by Us+2 ferts&theDog; 11-27-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Additional question

Riddle Guest

Tammy, the image on this site appears to have been taken at the October 2010 Market in High Point. What you see in the background is the liner of Duane's truck bed. (I recall the oddest things.) The H&M site doesn't have the new leathers or the new furniture posted, so I don't think that the nails on the site are current either. It appears that H&M reduces confusion by not reusing letter codes when they discontinue something.

At the bottom of the photo gallery on the H&M site, there are some photos of new products in room settings.

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

Gail,

You're right, it does look like the sample board photo was in the bed of Duane's truck. Our main concern is the shininess factor (as in, we don't want shiny). If one compares Duane's sample board nail Y to H&M site, H&M's site looks pretty doggone shiny comparatively.

Since I plan to match the nail trim on both the Journey sectional and Campaign ottoman, I don't want the ottoman, in particular, to be looking like a Christmas ornament with shiny nails

Tammy