I have two young cats I adopted, one is about 2-3 years old, and a kitten, just getting to her first birthday. Both use claws to pull themselves up on furniture. I have a sofa in front of a bow window with Cavalier Mocha leather. It has obvious scratches on the top back portion, not the cushions, where their claws scratched the leather. It is a "painted" leather, so the scratches are more noticeable because they scratched through the color and the un-dyed portion underneath shows. I did get a small bottle of dye from H&M to "paint" the scratches with. It is going to take a very fine brush not to mess it up. I have not tried that yet to see how much it covers them. My solution was to put a scratching post at each end of the sofa, and now they climb up the scratching post and then onto the back of the sofa, which is covered by a throw, and it really seems to be working. But now I have a leather sofa that is always covered with throws. When I purchased the sofa, I had a 20 year old cat that had to use steps to get up on the sofa and she didn't put a single scratch on it. I was not at all worried about her when I bought it. But she died and after 6 months of not having pets, I decided I didn't want to be without pets. So, no I would not recommend leather if you have cats that pull themselves up that way unless you have a solution. I might consider trying a pure aniline leather because the scratches might not be as noticeable. Or try giving them another way to get up, a post to climb or steps right next to it. Try it with the furniture you have now and see if it works.