Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore Cushions

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Cushions

You go through your dealer and they can arrange it. You'll probably need the serial number from the sofa which is on the label under the cushions.

pucks104 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danw99 View Post
    You go through your dealer and they can arrange it. You'll probably need the serial number from the sofa which is on the label under the cushions.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    HA! Its because the CEO of H&M likes Ultra Down cores! So all the pieces at Market have them...simple as that.

I've never sold the first Memory Down cushion on any brand of furniture. I don't like that stuff, it leaves impressions and makes for a 'warm' or 'hot' sit (or sleep if in a mattress).

Yes, the regular cores will most definitely break in. About end of July....

Drcollie,
    I realize this thread is a few years old but if you’re still active on here I am hoping you can shed some light on a H&M sofa cushions question for me.
    Thanks in advance! 🙂

What is your question?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    What is your question?
    How bad is the “puddling” that happens over time with the down blend cushions?

We ordered the September sofas (2 of them) in leather and down blend cushions. When we got our sofas and I opened up the cushions, I discovered that they are not the down blend. So I called the store we bought them at and spoke to the salesperson. At first she tried to tell me that that’s not what we ordered and now after speaking to her manager we are being told that the down fill are inferior to the ones we got and we are better off with those. Supposedly there are “too many issues with the leather and down fill cushions.” So now we are unsure if that is really the case or we’re just being played. At this point I just feel like I don’t trust our salesperson and any “information” we are being given.

I have the down in my City Sofa, and I have no problem with puddling after a year. Obviously I can't tell you what will happen after 5 or 10 years, but I rotate cushions every few months and any minor puddling in my favorite seat goes away. That said, I am the only one using the sofa most of the time, so a sofa that gets heavy use would be different. It doesn't sound like a place I would buy from again, though, if they don't take responsibility for their errors. Mistakes can happen, but this sounds like very poor customer service to me, and I would hate to see what they would do if there was a bigger error.

Quote Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
    I have the down in my City Sofa, and I have no problem with puddling after a year. Obviously I can't tell you what will happen after 5 or 10 years, but I rotate cushions every few months and any minor puddling in my favorite seat goes away. That said, I am the only one using the sofa most of the time, so a sofa that gets heavy use would be different. It doesn't sound like a place I would buy from again, though, if they don't take responsibility for their errors. Mistakes can happen, but this sounds like very poor customer service to me, and I would hate to see what they would do if there was a bigger error.
    That’s our thoughts too. They could have said “sorry we messed up on the order.” But no, first they tried to make it look like it was our fault but since I stood my ground telling them that we looked at the inside of the cushions at the store and wanted exactly what was on the showroom floor so now the story has changed. And we just don’t know what to do at this point. Because we now have 2 sofas that are not what we ordered and we don’t even know what to believe. Do you by any chance have any contact information of someone that is knowledgeable about the different cushions? So I could get some real information.

Hi, Guyvoronsky.

Do you have your invoice? Typically, the invoice specifically lists all the details. Well, the invoices I have received do, but maybe not all businesses do that. Regardless, I do believe I'd hold firm and do my level best to get them to fulfill the order as you requested.

TXCajun

I am sure Duane will get back to you when he has a chance, but there is also a large amount of information on the cushions right here as well.

There's not really a Down/Blend cushion core from Hancock and Moore, go to the first page on this thread and look at the first post, and then about the fourth post to see what they offer. 90% of all upgraded cushions are the Ultra Down, which is featured in the photo on Post # 1. While these may puddle a little, it's not excessive. Half of all my H&M sales are in Ultra Down, the rest in standard cores. I almost never sell the other options.

Did you pay for upgraded cores? If you did, then you are entitled to get either a refund on the upgrade or the actual cushion cores themselves. It's easy for the dealer to leave them off the order (I have before, mistakes happen) but just as easy to make it right for the customer. If you didn't pay for them or they are not specified on your order form, then it becomes more complicated because the upgrade cost at time of order is much, much less than buying them outright after the pieces are delivered.

There are no "issues" with the Ultra down at all, it's just a preference And since H&M gives you core replacement at no charge for the life of the piece (to the original owner only) then if they sack out, you just ask for new ones.

You have a tag on the seat deck that looks like this. You can call H&M customer service at 828-495-8235 and give them the number on your sofa(s). They can tell you the exact build spec on the sofa with this code number as to the build.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tag.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	12580Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tag.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	12580
    Last edited by drcollie; 12-03-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.