Thread: Jessica Charles Ottoman With Sleeper

Default Jessica Charles Ottoman With Sleeper

The Jessica Charles Corinthian Cocktail Ottoman w/Sleeper in Ryan Chestnut (sometimes referred to by other manufacturers as a "snooze box").

This is the larger unit, H: 21" W: 47.75" D: 35.5". It's at the foot of a king size bed, if that gives you some perspective.

Note, the flash makes the leather look lighter than it is and brings out the reddish undertones. The actual appearance is closer to a chocolate brown with a considerably more subtle burgundy undertone.

The feet are designed to come close to the floor, hiding the coasters; but the unit is on coasters and is very easy to move (although it's slow on the 0-60 and doesn't corner well). It's also easy to open into a bed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090407.jpg 
Views:	686 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	1946   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090411.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090408.jpg 
Views:	854 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	1945  

Default Re: Jessica Charles Ottoman With Sleeper

It got there! Excellent! It looks sharp. How does the unit feel as a 'bed', it is tolerable for a night's sleep? Can you feel the metal cross braces under the matt? I like the fact they upholstered the underside of the ottoman, so there's a padded 'pillow stop' on it when used as a sleeper. I like that unit, might order one for the floor based on your feedback on it.

My son would love to have that in the basement for sitting on playing XBOX and then when a pal comes over to spend the night it pops into a sleeper.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Jessica Charles Ottoman With Sleeper

The mattress is very light and springy. The bed is short, but not insanely so. People over 6' are probably going to have more problems; people approaching 6' are likely to be able to make do with it as a guest bed. I wouldn't want it to be my primary bed but I could see spending a few nights on it without any significant complaint, and it's a fully functional size for kids.

There are two cross-bars under the bed. The one toward the head of the bed drops down slightly, so that when you're on the bed you shouldn't actually press into it. The lower bar where your legs would be gets less pressure, and in a quick test I didn't feel that bar. So all in all, the design is pretty clever.
    Last edited by aaron; 12-04-2010 at 12:30 AM.

4. 02-18-2011