Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Let's discuss furniture warranties

Default Re: Let's discuss furniture warranties

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post

"You get what you pay for" pretty much holds true in the furniture industry.
    Well, agree with that. Probably will lokk for better suppliers... btw, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    There's a difference in cushions "breaking in" and needing replacement. 95% of the time, any cushion core from any premium maker is not broken down in less than ten years, they have just settled in and perhaps need to be removed from the casing and fluffed, then put back in. I myself have only replaced cores in my home on a 16 year-old Leathercraft daily use sofa, all my other furniture has been fine and some has been three + decades old. I would not over-focus on cushion cores as for most people its not something they will ever do a replacement on.

I used to be a Temple dealer and while there is nothing inherently wrong with their furniture, I dropped the line because most customers didn't like the way the pieces sat - nor did I.

Huntington House is owned by Century Furniture and has nice product, however I don't think the build is superior to Taylor King.
    What do you mean “didn’t like the way the pieces sat” ? I’m having trouble finding something to suit both my needs and my husband’s needs. He seems to need a slightly shorter seat depth. Anyway, do you remember what the issues were regarding how the Temple sofas “sat”? It’s a brand I was considering.

Not specifically. I dropped that line over fifteen years ago. I see it at the High Point Furniture Market and stop in and look at it from time to time, but see no reason to reacquire it. Nor to I see a reason to warn you off it. If you like it, then I think its a good purchase for you, its not poorly made or that it will break down. I think Taylor King gives us a superior product than Temple at similar price points, but the problem with TK is very long lead times - they are out to 9 months.

When we look at new makers at Market, we compare them to what we have already for suppliers. They have to offer something new that we don't already have to invest in a new Supplier. That can be styling, unique fabrics or leathers, a new feature no one has, aggressive pricing, fast delivery times - the list goes on and on. But after 35 years of doing this, we rarely see the need to pick up a new line or reactivate old ones. Doesn't mean they are bad, its just not improving on what we already have.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.