Thread: Willett Furniture

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Willett Furniture

Anybody have an opinion on the quality of this brand? They're no longer in business (big surprise), but I saw a very nice solid cherry server by Willett for $135, so was just wondering if anybody had an opinion?

Default Re: Willett Furniture

Without having seen the piece a real solid cherry server by any reputable manufacturer (and many not so reputable ones) would be a good buy at $135 if it is in usable condition.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas

+ 1 to what Jeff said, how can you go wrong on any functional piece made of real wood at that price?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Thank you for the encouraging feedback. We're looking to get rid of our awful Pottery Barn Sonoma TV thing (I can't believe I spent $1,000 that piece of junk 10 years ago) and replace it with something smaller. I've provided a link I found online of the exact same Willett server. The one I looked at was in very good condition, despite a water ring on the top (don't know how to get that out, but I guess I can cover it). Next in line is a new coffee table--which we really need (as you know, Duane, since I'm planning on custom)--but our elderly (13 years old) lhasa apso has scratched up the one we have pretty badly (in his constant bid for attention), so we're waiting until . . . later. Our bichon and maltese are much better behaved.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...rver-ca-50s-pu