Thread: Where the traffic comes from !

Default Where the traffic comes from !

I was just looking at where all the internet traffic comes from on the forum in Google Analytics today.

I'm surprised that the # 1 state that most people are from is California! Second is Virginia (not surprising, since that's where my store is based), and third is New York. Fourth is Texas, and fifth is Illinois.

I'm always amazed at the number of long distance orders I get from California and Texas in particular, which leads me to believe the furniture stores in those areas are not doing a good job for customers or priced much higher on product.

Our Spam traffic has almost ceased to exist, thanks to G. Riddle (Admin) taking the time to block forum URL's from registering as new members. That's a welcome relief, as the spammers from India and Malaysia were really creating a lot of work removing their ads and posts. Glad to see them gone.

Finally thanks always to Aaron our other Admin who keeps things running smoothly on the forum behind the scene. He's a pretty smart guy on computer and v.bulletin formats.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Where the traffic comes from !

Maybe the simple answer is based on the state's population, the one's you mention (outside of VA for obvious reasons) are among the highest populations. California 1st, Texas 2nd., N.Y. 3rd., Florida 4th, Illinois 5th.

What happened to your responses from Florida???
    Last edited by cuse69; 01-06-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: Where the traffic comes from !

Probably right on populations. Florida comes in 8th, after Pennsylvania (7th) and North Carolina (6th). I get very few consumer inquiries from North Carolina, I suspect that may be mostly folks in the industry stopping by.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.