Thread: Your Government in Action - A True Story

Default Your Government in Action - A True Story

This is a true furniture story.
    Several years ago, I had a business which sold furniture to the US Government. We sold to the military, the state department, various agencies, and to the CIA.
    One day we received an order from the CIA that had no destination on it. So I called the CIA to ask where they wanted me to send the furniture. The following conversation ensued:

Me: Hello, I have a furniture order here that does not have a destination listed on it and I am calling to find out where to send it.

CIA: Just a moment sir. (Several minutes later....) I'm sorry sir. I can't give you that information.

Me: You don't understand. This is a purchase order from your office requesting furniture. I only need to know where to send your order.

CIA: Just a moment sir (Several minutes later....) I'm sorry sir. I am not authorized to give you that information.

Me: Is there anyone there authorized to tell me where to ship your furniture?

CIA: Just a moment sir (Several minutes later....) I'm sorry sir, but I'm not allowed to give you that information.

Me: Look, in the past we've sent most of your furniture orders to your warehouse in Franconia, VA. Is that where you would like this order sent?

CIA: Just a moment sir. (Put on hold again....) Yes sir, you can send the order to the warehouse.

Me: Great! What is that address?

CIA: Just a moment sir. (On hold again....) I'm sorry but I am not authorized to give you that information.

Me: Never mind. I'll just get the address from an old order.

CIA: Thank you sir.

Smile

Simplyjeff

First of all welcome to the forum. Another expert and a different type of retailer is always welcome.

Regarding your CIA story, think of the fun if they had needed to make a return. You could have played the game of no location for them or you.
    The bill of laden could have been totally blank!!!!

Larry