Recently moved into a new home and started looking for a leather sofa..I'm overwhelmed! Know very little about leather or furniture construction in general. I of course Googled and read several websites but still would like some input from people in the know.

Few musts:

have to be able to sit/test it out first
must be hardwood frame, hand tied seats (standards for the better brands from what I've seen)
protected - we don't have kids but we do have a furbaby who is allowed on the sofa. We aren't slobs but neither do I have plastic runners on my seating.

We've looked at 25-40 sofa's in the last week and I've found two that I like..one a custom build from a place here in Houston called The Leather Shoppe. The leather we picked is a cognac grade C leather.

http://www.leatherfurnitureshoppe.co...ter013550.html

The other is from a local place called The Dump, brand is named Viewpoint and finding very little info on the brand. Meets the above requirements and is a style that I like. Sofa and chair will be 3600.00 plus tax

Input would be greatly appreciated. I live in the Houston area so has to be someplace local to buy a good quality leather sofa in that budget...

thanks