Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradington Young purchase

Default Re: Bradington Young purchase

Never an abuse! That's what the forum is for....

9858-88 is exactly the inexpensive shiny Chinese leather I sell on that chair for $ 899 in-store, or $ 869 plus shipping. You can see my ad for it here in Vendor Classified:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Young-Recliner

List price is nothing more than a fairy tale in this whole business, and keeps getting increased all the time so stores can say they have a 'sale' when in reality its an everyday price. $ 1,049 is not a rip-off on that chair, but is really a normal selling retail price for that unit. That's a durable, well-functioning recliner that will give many years of service and the leather will give good utility duty but is nowhere near the category of luxurious and natural-feeling. For the price, its hard to beat for what it is.

If you like the 4114 B-Y, your husband would fall in love with the H&M 1044 Sadler or 7017 Miller <g>
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-25-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Duane,

In this quote, you have mentioned that the frame is plywood, but in the ad (http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Young-Recliner) you mentioned that the frame is solid maple. Was the piece in the ad a special order?

Mistake on my part, that has now been corrected. Thanks for pointing that out!
    Last edited by drcollie; 01-25-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Madeiraview Guest

Because I have learned so much since finding your site and ordering a B-Y leather recliner, I am having second thoughts about the leather quality.In my other post I mentioned our selection of #4114, Is that leather a finished leather? I am afraid that what I saw on the floor won't be what I receive as far as color. I believed it to be married quality as well, which seemed to be a benign factor according to the sales person. If only I had found this site prior to ordering. If this was not a good choice is it worth losing the $300 deposit?

sorry to ask so many questions, but I don't feel we were receiving accurate info on this at the furniture gallery we shopped at.

That's a finished leather on that chair, and its very consistent as are most all finished leathers. Married cover is not a big deal, it just means the Chinese leather on the piece was cut and sewn in China as well, coming over here in a box ready to go on the piece.

Its not a bad choice at all, its a value recliner. I've sold about (30) of them this year. Certainly don't lose a $ 300 deposit over it - definitely not! All you are giving up is the visual and tactile experience of a finer leather. That one will pull its weight on durability and service its just not a 'fancy' hide. If you ever decide you want something more exotic, the 4114 will be more than happy to serve in a basement rec room, or as a backup chair somewhere in the home. Expect 20 years use from it given reasonable cleaning care.
    Duane Collie

Madeiraview Guest

Had a long discussion with a friend who swears by Lazy Boy. After research and with help of your site, I have found LB to be questionable. How would you compare LB with B-Y quality. These friends are strongly leaning towards LB.

Also what is your shipping rate to Southeastern Mass for a recliner? Ball park...price.
    Never know how my order of B-Y will end up as far as what I saw is what I will get.
    Thanks again !

I recently went to L.B. and sat in every recliner they had...not impressed at all! They felt very cheap and wobbly. I heard most are made in China now but I cant confirm that.

Madeiraview Guest

They look cheap that is for sure.

LA-Z-BOY is poorly made, and done 100 % in China. They actually use cardboard under the upholstery in areas of the frame to support the cover. CARDBOARD! Granted its thick corrugated, but as the piece ages all cardboard absorbs humidity and degrades. Not what I want in my furniture. Prices are cheap on the pieces, and La-Z-Boy is one of the most profitable makers in the industry. So if your recliner is retailing for $ 499, and its high margin for the company AND you notice that the stores are very nicely done in high profile locations ($$$ overhead), I figure that that's there's about $ 75 worth of components in that chair.

Most people I know don't swear by LA-Z-BOY products, they swear at them!

Oh...shipping a single recliner is not real cost effective as you're paying on minimums. If you did a pair, now your freight dollars are working well for you. A single is about $ 200 via Sun Delivery Service while a pair travel for $ 240. We're running our truck up into MA in the next ten days on a furniture pickup run (Providence, Danvers, Springfield) if there's something I have in stock we can deliver for less than those fees.
    Duane Collie

stlfd Guest

Hi
    I just found your forum after trying to research the Envision Twirl e110-57/42. Have you heard any feedback on this sofa? I found one on clearance in a local furniture store. It was a floor model for $1087.00. I believe that is approx. 1/2 price. Do you think this is a decent price? I would hope it holds up for more then 5 years! Does Bradington warranty cover these if the springs would break down? Thank you.

I have no feedback on any Envision series as I declined to pickup the segment line. While $ 1,087 isn't a bad price, its a long ways from being half price on a normal selling retail. I would expect it to easily exceed a 5-year life span. Springs are drop-in grids on the Envision series, they virtually never fail.
    Duane Collie