Thread: H&M chocolate leather?

barbja Guest

Question H&M chocolate leather?

A couple of years ago I was looking at getting a H&M sofa (4196 Tower) in 5344 Quintessence Mink and 5273 Nubuk cafe. I ended up not getting the sofa because the 'Large Retailer' that I worked with didn't deal with me honestly.

I'm considering getting a leather sofa again, but I am concerned with the durability of those two leathers (ok, so a nubuk shouldn't be used in a family room with an 8-year old boy -- I know...)

Does H&M have another 'chocolate' leather with a similar color to those that has a good hand? I really liked that QM, but can it handle the rigors of the next ten years of a boy in the house? A whole glass of chocolate milk was spilled on the arm of the one I'm sitting on now just two weeks ago and I don't know how an aniline dyed leather would have handled that.

I'm also looking at the Robinson & Robinson Leathertrend brand that I found on a walk-in of a little hole-in-the wall leather store. I can't find much about them. According to the sales guy, the sofa that I like from them has cushions with spring inserts which I've found is really hard to find, but I'm used to the feel and I don't want to go back. However, just spring cushions does not a good sofa make.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by barbja View Post
    A couple of years ago I was looking at getting a H&M sofa (4196 Tower) in 5344 Quintessence Mink and 5273 Nubuk cafe. I ended up not getting the sofa because the 'Large Retailer' that I worked with didn't deal with me honestly.

I'm considering getting a leather sofa again, but I am concerned with the durability of those two leathers (ok, so a nubuk shouldn't be used in a family room with an 8-year old boy -- I know...)
    That's setting the bar pretty high for any other hide to compare in luxury and richness to Quintessence and Nubuck from H&M. The only one that is reasonably close is Capri (also a Class IV hide), which is the same leather as Quintessence but with a teflon topcoat on it. It' still not bullet-proof with that, however.

Hides I like that are pretty nice and have a 2 Serviceabilty are Auburn, Antelope and Equestrian (all priced as Grade III)

Its all about staining and lifestyle usage. The Nubuck is not one you want to spill a lot of things on, it soaks them up. Best way is to get memo swatches from H&M (I can get those for you if you Private Message me with your mailing address) and then you can keep these and test them out by spilling things on them and see how they perform. Then you can see for yourself how they handle direct fire from the kitchen.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.