Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for new furniture at Walmart, JC Penny and Overstock

tattoo Guest

Default Re: Looking for new furniture at Walmart, JC Penny and Overstock

Craigslist was my first choice. However, getting the furniture from point A to B is going to be a problem for me and I would rather have someone deliver it for me.

Also, bedbugs have been in the news lately and I am concerned with getting furniture that has been infested.

Now getting furniture from a retailer doesn't protect from infestations, however, I haven't heard of any bedbug issues from retailers and if something did happen, there would be a clear trail of how it happened.

Speaking of which, how does one protect themselves from bed bugs?

Default Re: Looking for new furniture at Walmart, JC Penny and Overstock

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo View Post
    [

Thank you very much for your responses. Both of you make some very valid points, which is very helpful.

I understand that you get what you pay for.

When it comes to the internet, what you see is not exactly what you get. I went to a JC Penny showroom and the furniture was decent. Unfortunately it was a very small showroom and did not have all their products.

What is unfortunate about the "Made in China" label is that there is a possibility that the furniture that is made in America was created from materials from China. I am going to hold off on buying a couch for now since my current couch has a couple of years left. But I will be looking at getting an ottoman and a media center

For now I just want something neat and presentable and there is no problem with having to dispose it in the near future.

I am also looking at Sears and Home and Living.
    http://www.homeandliving.com/living-room-futons.html

Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of delivery and if I have to do a return?
    Such an old jewel with lots of helpful information, I must say this thread really gives goosebumps on reading. If you still need to know more about JC Penney Store and Policy its return as a refund process then I suggest you go through an article on return at JC Penney Store by mail and instore return.