Thread: Looking for small leather sofa

Lorie Guest

Default Looking for small leather sofa

Hello. My name is Lorie. I live in New Jersey with my dear husband, 4 lovely kids aged 1 to 12, and a dog. I am looking for a small leather sofa (about 75 inches) for my family room. I would like a to get the most value for my money. I saw a BY sofa for $1800 that was married leather. The store that carried HM only had larger sofas which seemed very nice. They showed me the studio sofa in a catalog which looked ok, but I don't think that I can buy a sofa without sitting in it first. Any advice?

Thanks,
    Lorie

Default Re: Looking for small leather sofa

BY offers excellent value for the money in my opinion. In most their pieces they now come with a down cushion set, which is an extra cost option from other makers. They offer several models in the $ 1,800 price range. In the H&M like look at the # 1 selling sofa in the line the # 9840 City Sofa. It will be a little larger at 83" in length, but will just be a bit over the BY price you mention by a few hundred dollars.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Lorie Guest

I think that 83" is too big. Let me try to explain. The room is long and narrow (12 feet across and at least twice as long). Half of the room is a play area and the other half is a tv area. The sofa with bookcase behind it divide the room. One of the long walls has windows with built-in bookcases between them and the other wall has more bookcases and a cupboard (18 inches deep) for toys. The cupboard extends to where the sofa is located. In the end the sofa is located where there is a width of 126 inches and you need to be able to walk past on either side. We currently have a sofa that is 80 inches and it seems a bit too big. Are there things that are smaller?
    Thanks so much.

Check out some of the "Apartment Size" Sofas. They fill the gap nicely from full-size sofa to loveseat. If you wanted to see the Hancock and Moore offerings, got to the H&M website and type in "apartment" in the search box and they will display. As you already discovered, Bradington Young builds some nice pieces in that size range as well.

Note that B-Y just shipped a new price list to dealers that went into effect 01/17/11. Not all pieces went up, but there were some increases.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.