Thread: Opinion on selling H&M sofa

jyaggie Guest

Default Opinion on selling H&M sofa

Duane,
    We are truly enjoying the sectional and are now (reluctantly) trying to sell the H&M sofa it replaced. The sofa is in good shape with new seat and back cushion cores, but does show the wear that one might expect with a sofa that has been used daily for 13 years. We have this advertised for $590, and would like your opinion as to whether you think this is a fair price (pictures attached). The original price was about $3600, although we were able to buy it off the showroom floor for about half of that. Also, some of the seat seams and cushions are lighter from usage (we were wondering if anything could be done to touch them up). Otherwise, the sofa is in good shape, with no tears, punctures, or holes.
    Thank you for your help – both on this question and for the excellent guidance you gave us in helping to pick out the City sectional and ottoman. It could not be a better fit in the room. Oddly enough, instead of overpowering the room, as we had feared, the sectional seemed to pull the entire room together and opened it up. All of your advice was dead on, and we could not be happier.
    Judy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no cushions cropped-paint.JPG 
Views:	326 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	2070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full-front-cropped-paint.JPG 
Views:	358 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	2071  

Default Re: Opinion on selling H&M sofa

$590 is an even number but it seems and odd price to ask for an item. Ask for 600 and settle for 500 cash only.

Hi Judy,

That looks in pretty good shape, I'd say your $ 590 price is too low - anyone that knows what that is would snap that up in a minute. Considering the price of a new sofa, I'd be inclined to put an asking price closer to $ 900 on that piece. I'd not worry about touching up lighter areas, but if you want to do that some paste shoe polish the right color makes that fairly easy to do.

Glad the sectional worked well! I like success stories!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jyaggie Guest

Thanks, Duane. I have had about half a dozen e-mail responses to my ad, but no one has come to see the sofa so far. I think the age is making them pause. Have one fellow that sounds like he is familiar with the brand and quality. If he doesn't come tomorrow at the $590 price he responded to, I will edit my ad and raise it! In fact, I may do that yet tonight.

Judy

jyaggie Guest

Thanks for you input, Dgw9. $590 is an odd number. Don't know why I did that.