Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Requesting a Price Quote

pongster Guest

Default Re: Requesting a Price Quote

Hi,
    Just started looking for a high quality couch and found a wealth of information through this forum.
    I am looking for a quote on the taylor king made line

Plush
    45 Round Box Border Back
    P31 Left Arm Sofa
    P42 Right Arm Chaise
    P9 Sockarm with SQ Cushion
    With Optional Dakota(Square) Base
    Fabric SKY SILVER LINING
    Lawton/OK/73505

Thanks

Price quotes on many brands (of which Taylor King is one) are not done on the public forum at the request of the manufacturers. Please re-submit here in this section where it is only visible to you.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/foru...tes-and-Orders
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dogz639 Guest

Mr. Collie, I'm not sure if I should post this here, or fill out a quote form. Please let me know if I need to submit this differently. First, though, let me extend a heartfelt thank you for this forum! It has answered so many of my questions about buying quality furniture since starting my search several months ago. I am very grateful to have found this site! I live in a very rural area (the Upper Peninsula of MI) and there are no local stores that carry HM or BY furniture around here. The one single dealer in the Upper Peninsula that BY's website listed, is no longer in business. I looked around online and found another dealer 2.5 hours away in Neenah, WI, that carries both lines of furniture, and I paid them a visit. The sales lady at the store seemed very knowledgeable about their products and was pleasant to work with, but, because I don't have any other places to comparison shop, I was hoping that you might be able to give me a price on the pieces that I looked at in the store. I'd just like to know if the store's prices are fair, or if I should look elsewhere. Because of where I live, I think shipping costs might be prohibitive if ordering from you--but I could certainly be wrong. The pieces I looked at were the 916-35 Newman recliner in leather 9049-91, and the 866-95 Richardson sofa in 9078-81F leather. I would not want any nail heads on the Richardson sofa. I am not completely clear on the grades of leather yet, but the furniture we're replacing is the most used in the house. We will be eating, drinking, and sitting on it frequently, and we have 2 border collies that, while not allowed on the furniture, still manage to get a fair share of dirt on it, especially the sides of the recliners and the front of the sofa. We need a leather that can take being cleaned up regularly. Hopefully, I have given you enough info so that you can provide me with some prices for this furniture, and for shipping. We live in Wilson, Michigan, zip 49896. Thank you so much, I really do appreciate your help. ~Ronnie

dogz639 Guest

Apologies, both pieces of furniture were from Bradington Young. Thanks again. ~R

Hi Ronnie,

Welcome to the forum, I will be glad to quote, but prefer to not do it publically. Other dealers can and do complain about the pricing and that just causes issues, so if you will repost your request in the QUOTES subsection I will be more than happy to do so. You can link to it here:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/foru...tes-and-Orders
    Duane Collie

mikelturnage Guest

Hi! Thanks for sharing some tips to use when requesting a price quote! They are quite essential!

I am receiving a lot of requests for price quotes however they include "We don't know what fabric we want". Try to pick something as a cover as I cannot quote all the possible combinations. Here's a case in point on an email to a customer inquiry today, as you can see the range on this Taylor King quote is huge. By helping to narrow down your choices, you can get a more accurate picture on costs. This is fairly typical for a reply, as you can see there is a wide spread on fabric costs and this doesn't even include leather. From Entry Level to High End can easily double the cost.

" I really can't give you accurate pricing without a cover selection, just a range. Samples (up to a dozen) are available free of charge)

# 4816-03N Henry will run from $ 2,581 in GR 14 to $ 5,249 in GR 106

Taylor Made 96" will range from $ 2,058 in Portfolio I to $ 4,843 in GR 106

Delivery fees to your California zip code for one sofa average $ 650, no sales tax collected.

Above are cash/check discounted, credit cards add 3%"
    Duane Collie

Hello Duane, Thank you so much for your forum. I had found you some time ago and then reached out to Jeff Frank, and he said that I should talk to the expert. He speaks very highly of you...for whatever that's worth. :-) I'm new here and not sure I am in the right place to pose this question.
    Looking for help on the mystery of pricing and advertised sales. Reviewing the H&M retail price list, would those be considered an "original" price? How do I determine whether an advertised sale is real? In other words, is the merchant inflating the price and then offering a huge discount? The pricing I was given is about $5000 higher than the H&M retail price list shows, and then they offered a 50% discount. I know, I know...if it sounds to good to be true.
    I am looking at the Your way Y23 and Y32 in Grade 1. Help, please! Thank you in advance.

Jeff is good people

I like to say that generally - very generally - about 50% off MSRP is a pretty good price for most price lists in the industry and you won't find much out there less than that.

For example, let's look at the items you are checking out. I don't normally publish prices because H&M frowns greatly on it, but we will this time as an educational lesson. Please don't print this out and go wave it in front of the dealer you are getting a price from however, that's just going to cause problems!

Y23/Y32 in GR 1 leather, MSRP is $ $ 17,190. If we use 50% off discount mentioned above as a general price, then it becomes $ 8,595 and you should be able to get that at a lot of different stores or close to it.

My price would be, day in and day out, $ 8,309 check/cash, or $ 8,558 credit card and you will have shipping/delivery costs on top of that depending on your location. No sales tax currently (this is going to change in the future, count on it).

The kicker though, is that there is a qualified dealer promotion on Your Way that requires a dealer buy-in to have access to. Now if we take these GR 1 / GR 2 promo leathers which are Gunner, Hutton, Juno, Kip, Kismet, Lyric, Nirvana, Spirit, Tilton then that price comes down to $ 8,045 cash/check from my store + delivery fees. Not all dealers can offer this and only the higher volume ones are likely to offer it. However some the hides here such as Tilton are much nicer than the standard GR 1's so this is where you want to buy if you can find a color and hand of hide that you like.

Again, these are not "sale" prices, they are everyday ones. I don't run "Fake Sales" in my store because I have more respect for my clients than that. If H&M ever does run a deeper discount, its 5 % off as factory participation, rarely more than that.
    Last edited by drcollie; 06-25-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    Duane Collie

Hi Duane, since I’m a newbie I think I just typed a long response and didn’t get to send it. Here we go again.
    If I was given a price of $22K+, I was definitely being led down the garden path.
    How much is shipping to Somonauk, IL 60552?

Does the retail price list apply nationally, or are there variances depending upon location?

While I will not use your post for my discussion with the merchant, am I able to use the H&M retail price list?

I am at my wits end. I think I made a very expensive mistake. Do you have any thoughts on how I may resolve?

Another piece is a Century cornerstone/leatherstone build your own...7600-3C. Grade L2 leather.

I am typically a loyal customer. I thought I was dealing with a reputable retailer. My brother put a little bug in my head, and then I found you on the Internet. Please help. Desperate and would like some mutual respect.

I know your time is valuable. Would a phone call be helpful? I’m kind of at the 11th hour, with delivery set up for Saturday.