Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customer Feedback Needed.

harland Guest

Default Re: Customer Feedback Needed.

Wow... that customer really took advantage of the free labor... hope they tipped well.

I agree with the other posters in being upfront about what your guys will and will not do when they deliver furniture. The rules that aaron posted seem reasonable to me as well.

By the way, a local competitor charges by ZIP code and also by the piece (however dining table + six chairs = two pieces = chair + ottoman, yes, weird math). When you told me delivery was a flat $50 fee, I could hardly contain my surprise. But as a current (and future) customer, I will argue to keep the flat fee.

HappyJim Guest

Default Re: Customer Feedback Needed.

Enthusiastic delivery guys with sales training can help recoup a little of that money too. My local Stickley dealer charged the standard $50.00 for delivery in the metro area, but their delivery guys were astonishing. They were out twice, both times they not only hoofed the furniture inside, they asked if I needed anything moved out of the front room (for which I tipped them). What was impressive was that on both trips, they took the opportunity to upsell--they had suggestions for my living room, but they also talked to any neighbors who happened to walk by while they were unloading (I live in a condo complex). After taking the Kodiak off the truck, I witnessed one long-haired rough looking delivery driver rhapsodizing about the quality of Hancocke and Moore to my elderly neighbor (who then asked if he could come over and check out the tilt-back after I received it!)