Thread: Saloom Furniture

John in Ohio Guest

Default Saloom Furniture

Is the brand Saloom a good brand for a Dining Table and Chairs? I looking at a lot of furniture out here!

Default Re: Saloom Furniture

That's a company I'm not familiar with, and its difficult to say without seeing detailed construction photos. I couldn't find any on their web site.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

jarrodsmorton Guest

Saloom is a line that is manufactured close to 100 % in Winchendon, MA. I say that because they outsource a couple of their chairs from a company in Ohio and Italy. Saloom was a big competitor of Nichols and Stone and Athol Table back in the day. They do mostly solid maple and cherry on their product. They do come out with fresh designs all the time. They are a pretty bid dinette line. Any customer I have sold it to has been happy with their purchase.

John in Ohio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jarrodsmorton View Post
    Saloom is a line that is manufactured close to 100 % in Winchendon, MA. I say that because they outsource a couple of their chairs from a company in Ohio and Italy. Saloom was a big competitor of Nichols and Stone and Athol Table back in the day. They do mostly solid maple and cherry on their product. They do come out with fresh designs all the time. They are a pretty bid dinette line. Any customer I have sold it to has been happy with their purchase.
    Thanks for the information. We are looking at their New Castle Line, the spiral legged table NCWS 4266-1SPI, 4 Side Chairs 35SU, and 2 Arm Chairs 35AU. It's not a very traditional dining set, but fits us.

bubbaonline Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John in Ohio View Post
    Thanks for the information. We are looking at their New Castle Line, the spiral legged table NCWS 4266-1SPI, 4 Side Chairs 35SU, and 2 Arm Chairs 35AU. It's not a very traditional dining set, but fits us.
    John.. looks like you are shopping at Verbargs? Just picked that up from the brands you are considering...

John in Ohio Guest

My wife & I purchased this table with 2 Arm Chairs and 4 Side Chairs locally. We paid a very good price of $1,999.00 for the whole set. It was on the floor of a local up-scale store and the guy wanted to get rid of it. I had priced it online and at various stores for between $3,500-$4,500 for all six pieces.

We love this set, it is incredibly well built and the style fits our home. The table leaf stores itself in the table, which was a selling plus for my wife. I have answered my original post asking about the quality of Saloom Dining furniture -we are very happy with their products.

bubbaonline Guest

Wow.. that's dirt cheap..

I just paid around $3200 + tax for Nichols and Stone table with 4 side chairs..