One of the questions I am often asked is "Will it fit into my house?" And that's a good question to ask, because if it does not fit - then you usually have a sofa in your garage until you can call a carpenter to open up your doorway. In all long distance order situations, fitment into your home is not guaranteed.

So how can you tell? Well, experience is the best teacher - years of doing it gives an 'eye' of what will and won't go, but in lieu of that I thought I would document how we deliver a sofa using a Hancock and Moore Reserve sofa as an example. I unpacked this today and brought it in the store and as I was doing it by myself it was a little tricky to get exactly the photo I wanted, but you'll get the jest of it all.

If you to go the H&M website you will see the sofa here:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1486

The overall height is 36" and the overall depth is 39". Will it fit into a 30" doorway?

YES - it will.

1) First you remove all the cushions on this model.

2) When moving through the threshold, the sofa is tipped 45 degrees.

3) Bringing it in an that angle allows it go through the 30" doorway. I might could even get it through a 29" one - though it would be snug.

Here's the photos showing how its done. Shot # 3 actually does line up with the hash marks on the cardboard, but the camera angle shows it differently.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fit1.jpg 
Views:	1203 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	2120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fit2.jpg 
Views:	1057 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	2124Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fit3.jpg 
Views:	1378 
Size:	158.4 KB