Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will it Fit?

htsopelas Guest

Default Re: Will it Fit?

Removed spam
    Last edited by Riddle; 09-09-2013 at 06:09 PM.

gerald Guest

what are your opinions on the Shumaker sofa.. looking for something not deep... is there a minimum depth for comfort? my room is not so big.... 40" is too deep... looking for about 37" is 34" too shallow?

I can't recall how that one sat at Market. A tight back like that will decrease the depth overall and also mean it has a firmer sit to the back area.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Libbi Guest

harry lipsky not on the web site anymore.. not sure who to ask.. will it fit?? wish there was a number.. the website said if arms are lower than back it will fit thru a narrow doorway.. that is so vague... most arms ARE lower than the back... even called someone to come take a look.. never called me back! want something stylish even if it is not big.. likely a tight back so I don't have pillows that need upkeep.. does anyone know anything about comfort of carlos, shumaker, metro or claudette?

Marjflowers Guest

Is this going to be an issue with a H&M recliner? I measured the front door of my apartment, and the door is just barely shy of 36".

My dad raised a family of 5 kids moving furniture for Mayflower. I'm a touch embarrassed that I didn't think to consider this issue!

Anything in the H&M lineup will go though a 36" doorway, if the prototypes don't, then they re-engineer it until it will.
    Duane Collie

GLOWSUE Guest

I sat in the Shumaker and thought it sat wonderfully. When I first saw it, I thought it looked unconventional and a little weird. But it has grown on me and now it my preferred couch if I could get it through a 31" door.

You like those tall fixed backs I see.....those are the hardest ones to fit through small openings. I'd say 'no', it won't fit based on the specs on that one. # 5790-3. This is more the type of sofa that will:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1714
    Duane Collie

GLOWSUE Guest

Duane, You are right. I do like the fixed backs. But, guess what? I found another door to the living room. It is actually the front door that nobody uses. It is 36" wide. Yea!! The Shumaker will make it though the 36" door? Thanks for your responses.

Excellent. Yes, everything in the H&M lineup will go through a 36" opening.
    Duane Collie