Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will it Fit?

Default Re: Will it Fit?

Thanks for the quick response! Based on your suggestion is the 9840 the biggest sofa we could get that would fit down our corridor and doorway? I see that it is 83” W as well but depth of 38”. Depth is my biggest factor? I thought the low hallway height would be a big factor too. I guess what I’m asking is if we reverse engineer based on the doorway and hallway, what would my max dimensions for a sofa be? Or are there a whole bunch of combinations? Thanks again

That's a typo on the C&B website @ 25" height - that's measurement is the arm height.

I cannot tell you what is going to fit based on written descriptions, but these are things that limit delivery ingress and egress.

* Depth
    * Tall fixed backs (Higher than the cushions)
    * Arms that come to the front edge of the sofa
    * Legs that do not come off

Hallway height is not as much a factor as being able to turn the sofa to get a straight shot into the condo. Sofas do not go in doorways at angles. If you want a large sofa and the access to get in is questionable, then configure it as a sectional so you have smaller pieces that break down and will slide together once inside.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hey,
    First time posting. My wife and I found a loveseat/sofa combo that has power reclining. It's a Tacoma Dual Power Reclining set.

https://www.valuecityfurniture.com/p...269803/2036015

Dimensions are 43 inches height x 39 inches depth. The length is 91 inches for sofa and 82 inches for loveseat.

Length I'm not so worried about. We have a sofa in here now that's 91 inches.... Actually what we have here now seems similar in depth and length to what we want to get but we are a little concerned about the height adding to the needed doorway space.

The Doorway is 31 inches width by 79 inches height assuming I take the door off which I did for the couches currently in the room, though I dont think I needed to. If going straight through, the wall on the opposite end is 91 inches away from doorway with plenty of space to the left and right.

My thoughts are that no, that will not go through a 31" door opening. The 43" height is the main limiter and the fact that the arms come all the way to the front of the unit. If you had a 33" opening, then that would make a significant difference. Discuss more with the Value City people.
    Duane Collie

Thanks for the quick response. It was one of those things where I assumed my back entry door was the same width as the front door and it's just a few inches smaller. If we were going through the front it would work fine but we wouldn't be able to get it down the stairs that way. Only thing limiting us now is just the 31 inch door width for the back door.

We are going to speak with Value City today to see what they think. It would be nice if the back piece separated from the seating piece for easier moving but one could only hope.

Question: Would pre-reclining it to a certian position, to somewhat flatten it, help with getting it through? I'm wondering if that would decrease the diagonal depth or make it worse.

We just got some good news. Wife just got off the phone with Value City and that particular set actually does allow the back to be detached from the bottom piece when they deliver it. We didnt think that would have even been a thing but it is. Thanks again for the suggestion. It gave us some peace of mind since it's still a good week and a half before it arrives.

Good luck, those are very difficult to deliver down stairways, they are so heavy....
    Duane Collie

Hi Duane,
    I have a doorway that is 34" (maybe more like 33 7/8th) wide and 79" tall.

I've been admiring the Taylor Kings and have honed in on the Taylor Made Plush and/or Taylor Made Standard. Probably an L sectional comprised of a 97.5" section and an 81" section. Or perhaps two couches instead; one being 92" and one being 80".

The situation is complicated by the short stairway (about 48" height and 42" wide) up to my front door that is parallel with my house which creates a hard right hand turn angle. But I can alleviate this problem by removing the railing panel directly in front of the door. This would create a straight ahead entry if we could manage to lift the couch up off the ground 4 feet. This might be no small task for a couch I assume weighs close to 275lbs but i'm a bit of a hulk so I think I can get it done with a couple friends if the movers will not.

Does this sound doable?

I'm not to far away in Baltimore County so I may very well be visiting you soon.

Thank you!

I don't see a problem based on the description, photos of the stairway and landing may help to visualize it.
    Duane Collie

Tagging to make this easier to find a bit later.