Thread: Quote on Journey Sofa

Bison Fan Guest

Default Quote on Journey Sofa

Hi I'm looking for a price quote on HAN 1724 Journey in a grade 3 leather. I'm also wondering what you know about the Sensuede as well as pricing on that. Thanks!

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 1724/1723 Journey Sofa and Loveseat in Kipling Whiskey

Price quotes are done via Private Message at the request of Hancock & Moore. Check your PM for a quote. City/State/Zip needed for delivery estimate.

Sensuede? Not familiar with that on H&M products.....are you referring to real leather suede?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

3. 02-12-2011

Bison Fan Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 1724/1723 Journey Sofa and Loveseat in Kipling Whiskey

I think Sensuede is actually a Jessica Charles product but I believe you can get it on H+M pieces as well. It is suede-like but is supposed to be washable and stand up to dirt/stains incredibly well.

Default Re: Quote on Journey Sofa

Ah! Perhaps it is. I've never sold it, and not sure that I even have swatches for it. Sounds like a microfiber, which if it is - is superfine 100 % polyester. Microfibers are easy to clean, because ot the super-fine thinness of the stand. If you need me to find out more on this, let me know and I can make some calls to find out next week.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Quote on Journey Sofa

According to Sensuade.com,
    Quote Originally Posted by How is Sensuede® Made?
    Sensuede has always been made with state-of-the-art technology in facilities with the highest possible environmental ratings. Now, the microfibers which comprise Sensuede are entirely recycled polyester, derived from both post-industrial and post-consumer sources, including PET soda and water bottles! Here are the four stages in making Sensuede:
    Stage 1: The Wet Lay Process - Recycled polyester microfibers, cut in short lengths, are treated to allow them to take dye beautifully, but remain highly impervious to staining. They are then floated in a water bath and laid on a unique woven membrane or "scrim". Using the scrim not only reinforces the fabric, but lends it a uniquely soft, resilient hand and breathability.

Stage 2: Entanglement - High-pressure water jets entangle the microfibers with each other and with the scrim.

Stage 3: Bonding with Polyurethane - Polyurethane is injected into the small spaces between the microfibers, giving elasticity and strength to the fabric. Unlike other man-made suedes, Sensuede uses a contained, water suspended system. Therefore, no harmful solvents are used, nor are any toxic effluents expelled into the environment.

Stage 4: Dyeing and Finishing - Colorfast dyestuffs are used to color Sensuede. The fabric, already inherently resistant to staining, is then finished with additional stain resistant, anti-static, and water repellent agents.