Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sofa for someone aging? comfortable sofa bed?

Default Re: Sofa for someone aging? comfortable sofa bed?

I've not sold a 902 in my store, sorry!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Monique Guest

Question Re: Sofa for someone aging? comfortable sofa bed?

I decided to see if Hancock and Moore has anything similar to the Leathercraft 902. It looks like the Lennon and the Reserve are similar. The 4153 Reserve sofa has a depth of 21" and the chair has a depth of 21" as well. The Lennon 1233 sofa has a depth of 20" and the chair has a depth of 22". The interior width of the Lennon is 18". I am assuming the 18 inches is at the narrowest point. I am 5'5" and my husband is 5'9". Do you think either of these would work for us? I hope to find a sofa and a chair and ottoman on the floor somewhere so that I can buy and not have to order. I realize that is a tall order since most stores do not stock Hancock and Moore but only special order.

Well, I have both a Lennon (chair) and a Reserve (sofa) on my floor right now. I stock a LOT of H&M (over 20 frames as of yesterday, though 2 sold off today) and for a little store I think it shocks a lot of people when they walk in. The Lennon fits just a little more snug than the Reserve, but I think you would be comfortable on either. The Lennon also is a smidge more vertical on the back upright. Reserve seems roomier for lounging.
    Duane Collie

Monique Guest

This is good news. We are in Charlotte, NC so a drive up to your store is not out of the question. I'm having eye surgery on Friday so it would be a few weeks before we could make the trip. I'll get back to you closer to the time we can come up and see what you have on the floor at that time.
    I'll send an e-mail to request a quote on both sofas, chairs and ottomans.
    Thank you!

Monique Guest

We tried out an H & M Lennon chair and ottoman. The back was too short and it sat up too vertically for lounging while watching TV. We did not find an H & M Reserve nor a Leathercraft 902.

We did sit in several Leathercraft chairs and sofas and really liked the cushions with the springs in them. All of the seats we tried in H & M had the standard option that did not have springs. We did not think they were nearly as comfortable as the Leathercraft with the springs.

Several stores near here have the City Sofa, Chair, and Ottoman. We have not seen it but will go to a store to have a look see. We understand it is H & M's best seller. I don't like the design as much from the photos but will see when we get there.

Duane, do you think the Reserve back will be high enough and slanted enough for lounging for watching TV?

We're getting closer to a decision. We want to take a day next week and make the rounds to local stores that have any Leathercraft and H & M pieces so that we can see various leathers on pieces.

Duane, I commend you again for the fantastic job you do with this site. It is wonderful to see all of the pieces just off the truck photographed in natural sunlight! It makes a HUGE difference to be able to see those pieces. It would be a great idea for the manufacturers to photo every single piece before it leaves the factory and post on their sites...would help sales bec. you could see the quality everyday and would help so much in leather selections.

Oh, meant to ask, what leather you have on the Reserve sofa you have in stock now?

Many thanks!

The Lennon series is not all that tall, its definitely not a lounging sofa/chair.

Leathercraft has Spring Down in some chairs standard, and Poly Dac in others - depends on the model. In H&M, its an optional upgrade on leather (standard in their fabric).

City is the best seller because its the least expensive of all the models. If you didn't care for the Lennon series, you won't like the City series.

The Reserve would not be my first choice for TV watching. If we're talking lounging sofas, then Kodiak, Austin High Back, Journey are hard to beat. The Reserve I have in stock is in Pecos Oak.

Thanks for the compliment! Its a lot of work to take all those photos, but I think they really do help to see what things look like in 'real life' instead of a photo studio. Now that its warm out, I can take more of pieces coming in. (some days when its 15 degrees out I just get the pieces unpacked and back in the truck as fast as possible). I'll keep building the library and in particular try to get side and back shots and of all loveseats (which are rarely photographed).
    Duane Collie

Monique Guest

Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the suggested styles and none suit because of their depth. I was hoping the Reserve would lean back just a little more than the Lennon and have a little higher. I really like that style. I want to be able to lay my head back to rest my neck now and then. This will be the only sofa in our home. We have downsized to a town home and will eventually move into an active retirement community where the living area will be smaller.

Maybe I need to change my plan of attack and start thinking instead of getting matching chair, ottoman, and sofa to get a sofa that will suit me well and a lounge chair that would suit my husband. I'll give that some thought.

We still need something easier to get out of.

Monique Guest

Meant to say had hoped the Reserve had a little higher back. Sorry!

You can always customize the Reserve and add some height to the back. We do mild customs like that all the time.

# 9503 Kodiak Sofa with +1 firm seat cores should be just what you are looking for. That's a good model.
    Duane Collie

Monique Guest

We'll look for the Kodiak when we are out "test driving." I just cannot see it in my space just now because it looks too heavy but photos can be deceptive. I'm trying hard not to start looking at leathers until we decide on the models but I'm following all the discussion in "Finding the Perfect Sectional" and it is very helpful.