Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good price for used H&M Sofas?

AZJoe Guest

Default Good price for used H&M Sofas?

I ran across these 2 sofas for sale on CL, and was curious what a good offer would be on them.

They are 2 Sundance (#4716) sofas in Columbia Butternut and less then 1 year old. Look to be in flawless condition.

They are asking $7k for the pair.

Thanks!

bubbaonline Guest

Default Re: Good price for used H&M Sofas?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/fuo/2249160438.html

Here is the link...

They look great... and, I hate to say this... but, I'd lowball them. The market for expensive used furniture has to be pretty small.. They might get bought out from under you... but, I'd show up with a trailer and $4000 in cash... and see what happens.

Ummmm.....you can buy brand new ones for less than that AND have them shipped from your friendly forum owner
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Ummmm.....you can buy brand new ones for less than that AND have them shipped from your friendly forum owner
    Pmd you. Thanks wife wants a sectional anyway. Figured if I could get those for a good enough deal I would.

hglaber Guest

Plus the new ones come with a lifetime cushion core replacement warranty (among other things) that you don't get with the used ones. Kinda makes that deal hard to take seriously. Good thing you asked about it here!

Now if they'd take bubbaonline's terms it would be a whole 'nother tub o' nightcrawlers.

Quote "Plus the new ones come with a lifetime cushion core replacement warranty (among other things) that you don't get with the used ones." Is this actually in writing? I dont remember reading this with our Austin High back.

There is no written warranty on the cushion core replacement. Its just one of those things that informed dealers 'know'....like myself for instance! Bradington Young does the same, except with them you have to pay for shipping on the cores. Leathercraft does not offer free replacements.

There are all sorts of nuances that a company like Hancock and Moore does that you will never see written down anywhere. Need a touchup kit for your leather? No charge, they mail it out to you if the dealer requests one. Visit the factory for a tour and they will give you a nice little departing gift (such as a black leather gym bag). The list goes on and on....

I have huge loyalty to H&M because of what they try to do for me as their customer and ultimately that passes down to the consumer as well. This doesn't mean everything if 'free' or that they roll over with every customer request, but they are extremely reasonable and are more of a 'yes' company rather than a 'no' company. They are not a public corporation, nor beholden to stockholders or a Board of Directors. The principal owners are in the place every day, and there is virtually no middle management. So they run the company they way they see fit to do so and its been a real successful formula. If you are in the trade, its the company every upholstery worker wants to be employed by and every sales rep would love to work for. if I have a problem with a customer order I can pick up the phone and speak to one of the owners in seconds. If I try to get to the head person at Bradington Young they won't even patch my phone call through to him (not sure I even know who it is, I can never get further than than the customer service supervisor).

So the free replacement cushions are just....there. One day that perk may go away if the company is ever sold or taken public, who knows? But for now that's been a long-standing policy for as long as they've been in business.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bubbaonline Guest

I've heard that bubbaonline might be a tight-ass... lol

Quote Originally Posted by hglaber View Post
    Plus the new ones come with a lifetime cushion core replacement warranty (among other things) that you don't get with the used ones. Kinda makes that deal hard to take seriously. Good thing you asked about it here!

Now if they'd take bubbaonline's terms it would be a whole 'nother tub o' nightcrawlers.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    There is no written warranty on the cushion core replacement. Its just one of those things that informed dealers 'know'....like myself for instance! Bradington Young does the same, except with them you have to pay for shipping on the cores. Leathercraft does not offer free replacements.

There are all sorts of nuances that a company like Hancock and Moore does that you will never see written down anywhere. Need a touchup kit for your leather? No charge, they mail it out to you if the dealer requests one. Visit the factory for a tour and they will give you a nice little departing gift (such as a black leather gym bag). The list goes on and on....

I have huge loyalty to H&M because of what they try to do for me as their customer and ultimately that passes down to the consumer as well. This doesn't mean everything if 'free' or that they roll over with every customer request, but they are extremely reasonable and are more of a 'yes' company rather than a 'no' company. They are not a public corporation, nor beholden to stockholders or a Board of Directors. The principal owners are in the place every day, and there is virtually no middle management. So they run the company they way they see fit to do so and its been a real successful formula. If you are in the trade, its the company every upholstery worker wants to be employed by and every sales rep would love to work for. if I have a problem with a customer order I can pick up the phone and speak to one of the owners in seconds. If I try to get to the head person at Bradington Young they won't even patch my phone call through to him (not sure I even know who it is, I can never get further than than the customer service supervisor).

So the free replacement cushions are just....there. One day that perk may go away if the company is ever sold or taken public, who knows? But for now that's been a long-standing policy for as long as they've been in business.
    This is good to know!

pm'd you again btw

southlady Guest

I also seen these sofas on craigs list so how much would you want for these sofas? Wow you must be more than 60% off retail. Also do you ship anywhere? Thanks