Thread: Store photos

Default Store photos

Playing around with my new camera, a Nikon D7000 and a 10-24mm lens. I can see its going to take some time to get used to this one...but we have to take some test shots, yes? So here's a few of my store. See? I actually DO have more than a desk in a boiler-room / internet presence...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreB.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	2181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreD.jpg 
Views:	585 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	2182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreC.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	2183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreE.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	2184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreA.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	2185
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-11-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Store photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreF.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	2186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreH.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	2187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreI.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	2188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StoreG.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	2189A few more
    Duane Collie

Charvard Guest

Duane..your store is just beautiful..so wish we lived close! We have a few David T. Smith pieces (his workshop is very close to us) and some of your pieces remind me of his furniture. Love it!

furnfixer Guest

I'll have to visit next time we get to visit my wife's family in Winchester and Lovettsville. I, too, live close to David T. Smith's place, about 25 miles.

After your posting of J L Treharn, I looked them up. Their shop is just about a mile from where my father worked when I was growing up. It's encouraging to see an on-going concern in the severely economically depressed Mahoning Valley.

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Duane, The chair I ask you about, the #4542, EAST BAY TUFTED WING CHAIR is in one of you pictures. What is the leather? Also I need a very tall round table to use beside the beautiful and large ENVELOP sofa. Beside one arm I am using a three drawer chest, 40 inches tall, perfect for a lamp .

I don't have that chair on the floor, sorry! Which photo are you looking at? As to the table, can you post a photo of the H&M Envelop sofa in your room setting? I need to try to see the style motif you have going in the room in order to find a suitable table.
    Duane Collie

Nice to finally see more of your store and all the other pieces you carry.

Also how do you like the camera and lense combo? Maybe a quick review in the knowledge base needs to be added.

I'm still playing with the Nikon D7000 and have never had a wide lens that runs down to 10mm, so I'm finding it both fun and challenging to use it and try to manage the vertical and horizontal distortions when its wide open. I have to say the D7000 makes my old D40 look like a toy, but so far I'm not seeing huge differences in average photo quality when run on Auto Settings from the D7000 to the D40 when using the same lens on both. Sure are a lot of features and options on the D7000, and I feel they can probably do more than my feeble photographic skill set is capable of. The D7000 does HD video however, so I ordered a tripod and may try making some furniture videos to put on the forum - such as unpacking a sofa, showing how a particular model fits if I sit in it, etc.
    Duane Collie

hglaber Guest

Wow 10mm! How much distortion do you get at that focal length? How low does the f-stop go? I think the D7000 has the horizon-finder thingy that tells you if your shot is level right in the viewfinder. That's one feature I'd really like to have.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I'm still playing with the Nikon D7000 and have never had a wide lens that runs down to 10mm, so I'm finding it both fun and challenging to use it and try to manage the vertical and horizontal distortions when its wide open. I have to say the D7000 makes my old D40 look like a toy, but so far I'm not seeing huge differences in average photo quality when run on Auto Settings from the D7000 to the D40 when using the same lens on both. Sure are a lot of features and options on the D7000, and I feel they can probably do more than my feeble photographic skill set is capable of. The D7000 does HD video however, so I ordered a tripod and may try making some furniture videos to put on the forum - such as unpacking a sofa, showing how a particular model fits if I sit in it, etc.
    When I was researching cameras awhile ago it seemed that newer models while having a higher megapixel value and some new modes, the major difference from the older models usually was video recording (HD) and speed at which it could take continuous shots.

Of course as you said you were just using auto mode, it will be interesting once you start using the other modes since that's where a good dSLR really shines over the regular cameras.

Did you get any other lenses?