Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey for the perfect sectional!

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: My journey for the perfect sectional!

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    How about Sonoma Chestnut for the suede side? Should match nicely with the two leathers....
    That would at least keep it at a Gr3 price.

How many pairs would I want?

AZJoe Guest

^^
    Any thoughts on this Duane? (weird, I didn't see that post there a min ago, forum is acting weird for me.)

Can you PM me a price as well, with Garfield fawn welt trim.

I am more or less ready to pull the trigger on the ottoman. I just don't want to wait too long on that, and have it holding up my sectional.

AZJoe Guest

Well the sofa/ottoman are scheduled for delivery this Sat/Sun. To say I am excited is an understatement, however I have a good deal of anxiety/nervousness.

I just hope the ottoman looks nice, as I took a bit of a risk on the hide.

I also hope the sofa fits well in my space.

<grin> Just like Christmas morning!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    <grin> Just like Christmas morning!
    Just like that.. Except I am getting something cool, and not socks, clothes, or underwear..haha

mfabian Guest

LOL - I cant wait to see what it looks like!!!!

AZJoe Guest

The sofa arrived! I had to run out immedietly after they dropped it off(posting from my phone)but i did get a few bad pics, and have some initial impressions.

1. Garfield fawn...beautiful. soft, almost 3d like effects
    Nice contrast variations, and the color is perfect.

2. It does seem a little slick upon a quick sit. Makes it hard to "scooch" back.

3. Seems a little firm on the end seat for some reason.

4. Three are some long screws sticking out of the bottom. Are these from the shipping crate and need removing?

5. The Ottoman is definitely darker and more orange then I would have liked, but I am not unhappy. Still enough contrast.

6. I almost wish the Ottoman was just a Tad shorter.

7. The Ottoman isn't totally level.(or my tile isn't. Will need to verify this more layer)

8. I love the nails I picked on the sofa and Ottoman. Also love the welt trim.

9.I need to mess with the cushons a bit as I am not sure they are on correctly. They seem a bit loose and Velcro is doing nothing.

10. Over all I am happy. I will know more soon. The big question mark right now is comfort.

kkler Guest

went to lazyboy to look at a leather sectional (Griffin) looked great (price was high 4500 inc extended warrenty). Almost bought it but my wife suggested lookin on line and see what otheres are saying. Glad she did seems there are alot of people with negative remarks about lazyboy from workmanships to warrentys. now my question is Hancock & Moore sectional a better one and what grade of leather should I get any ideal with price dont really want to pay over 5-6K max. we have animals (left over from our kids). Any help would be appreciated thanks also is a extenden wear protection warrenty really needed 400 for sectional

A perfect description of Garfield. And yes, its a bit on the 'slick' side, which will dissipate over time and use.

Firm on the seat end? As in the front edge of the sectional? It normally would be as you have a hard edge underneath and as you come back into the piece you go onto the 8-way hand-tied spring grid which has some give to it. All pieces 'settle in' somewhat and are stiff when new. You'll see a big difference in the way they sit after 6 weeks of use.

Yes, those screws need to come out. Shame on the delivery company for not removing those...I will send them an email on it. On every sofa section there are appx (10) screws that are # 2 Square Drive which hold and support the piece in the cardboard outer. That wood frame keeps intrusions off the piece during shipping. There are only two reasons for leaving the screws behind, both caused by incompetence. One is they didn't have a # 2 Square bit driver and tried to use a Phillips #2, which strips the head, and the other is they didn't know how to unpack it properly and broke the wood away rather than removing the screws. I suspect when you look at them the heads are stripped (reason # 1) and then you have to get Vice Grips to rotate out the screws (You can see I've done this a few times )

All the furniture is jig-built so its very rare for it to be not level. Floors in the other hand, especially tile and wood floors, are rarely level. The only way to tell for sure is to place the ottoman on a dead flat surface like a metal table. If you can stick some felt pads (available from most any hardware store) on the bottom feet of the ottoman that will usually suffice on tile, and if you get a rug for that are then the rug will effectively self-level everything.

Yes, cushions ALWAYS need adjusting after the movers bring them in. They just lay them in the piece. Remove them and line up the velcro strip on the back, then reach over the top of the cushion and tuck the cushion in from the bottom. That's how you set them properly. You can adjust the angle of the back by where you fit the velcro strip on the back. For a more vertical sit, place the velcro higher. For a more inclined sit, attach it about an inch lower. Always tuck in from the bottom. Remind me and I'll make a video of how to do that!

Glad you like the sectional, send photos!
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by kkler View Post
    went to lazyboy to look at a leather sectional (Griffin) looked great (price was high 4500 inc extended warrenty). Almost bought it but my wife suggested lookin on line and see what otheres are saying. Glad she did seems there are alot of people with negative remarks about lazyboy from workmanships to warrentys. now my question is Hancock & Moore sectional a better one and what grade of leather should I get any ideal with price dont really want to pay over 5-6K max. we have animals (left over from our kids). Any help would be appreciated thanks also is a extenden wear protection warrenty really needed 400 for sectional
    La-Z-Boy and Hancock and Moore are two different products. Think McDonald's Quarter Pounder vs Ruth Chris NY Strip Steak. You're be past that budget on an H&M sectional, sorry. Suggest you look at Bradington Young, which is still several steps above La-Z-Boy in quality and build, and is made in the USA (La-Z-Boy is all Chinese), and it will deliver you a quality product within your budget that will last many years with excellent service duty. Warranties on all furniture are not very strong (with the exception of H&M's), don't put too much faith in them and NEVER - EVER allow anyone to sell you a leather warranty that involves putting a chemical treatment on top of the leather.
    Duane Collie