Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey for the perfect sectional!

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: My journey for the perfect sectional!

Peddle your wares elsewhere. Hopefully Duane deletes this spam/ bans you.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 06-14-2011 at 07:20 PM.

levitt11 Guest

I agree, what one spends is no one's business, but their own - each individual has their own budget to work with - and they know what they are looking for and what they want. If you can't afford it and need to look at the price tag - then go away, imho. If you want quality furniture, made in the U.S.A. you are in the correct forum

Disparaging remarks about what someone has purchased and/or the pricing of it, is not classy whatsoever.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by levitt11 View Post
    I agree, what one spends is no one's business, but their own - each individual has their own budget to work with - and they know what they are looking for and what they want. If you can't afford it and need to look at the price tag - then go away, imho. If you want quality furniture, made in the U.S.A. you are in the correct forum

Disparaging remarks about what someone has purchased and/or the pricing of it, is not classy whatsoever.
    You have to understand it isn't a real post, so I don't take offense. It is nothing more is then a post to drive people to their site "omg look how expensive this is, check out my sofas for cheap". So now people who turn up here on google looking for furniture, may see their site.

I would just prefer this thread be free from spam..haha

Here is the same user(last post in this thread). Spamming the same site..
    http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic....26383&p=164508

Hopefully Duane will see this, and just clean it up for me

organic_smallhome Guest

I see what you mean--you might be right. What do you think of a rug under the ottoman and a runner on the pathway to the door, to complement the rug under the ottoman? Or putting just the front legs of the sofa on the rug? Another thought: Would it be possible to turn the sofa a quarter-turn, so that the back of one side is facing (if a back can "face") the window, and the back of the other side is facing the path to the door? Yet another thought: How about a large round rug (bowing to Duane's concern over the curved corner)?

Here are a few different looks (pulled these images off Google Images):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e00564acce69.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	2626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99922_0_4-6671-eclectic-sectional-sofas.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	2625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Downtown-Sectional-Sofa.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	2627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beautiful-living-room.jpeg 
Views:	217 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	2628   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	profimedia-0029352417.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	2629  

levitt11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    You have to understand it isn't a real post, so I don't take offense. It is nothing more is then a post to drive people to their site "omg look how expensive this is, check out my sofas for cheap". So now people who turn up here on google looking for furniture, may see their site.

I would just prefer this thread be free from spam..haha

Here is the same user(last post in this thread). Spamming the same site..
    http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic....26383&p=164508

Hopefully Duane will see this, and just clean it up for me
    I agree cleaning it up would be best, and removing these comments, I did not notice her part that was a different color, nor did I click on it, which of course, as you are saying would lead to a different site - not cool at all. I know several forums that links such as that are totally forbidden and will get a member banned immediately - there is a button to MA a post such as that immediately to bring it to a Mod or the Owner's attention - much faster and easier. I'm used to a different forum default on these matters, sigh.

mfabian Guest

This has been an interesting discussion on rugs - it has given me a lot to look at and think about, thx!

One more for the banned pile...she's gone!

Something to consider on a rug. Rather than one large one, perhaps just in front of the sectional with a smaller piece, and then if you like you can put a second runner behind the sectional. That way you're not paying for square footage under the sectional, but it will give you a different look that way.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    One more for the banned pile...she's gone!

Something to consider on a rug. Rather than one large one, perhaps just in front of the sectional with a smaller piece, and then if you like you can put a second runner behind the sectional. That way you're not paying for square footage under the sectional, but it will give you a different look that way.
    I will keep that in mind. Would you match them, or just do two different?

It more or less depends on the rug, and the look. if you're getting something like a handmade oriental or even a SW Navajo rug, you won't get matching ones since each one is unique. If you're getting a factory made rug then you can match them up.

Looking at the room photos, the first comment is the sectional looks fantastic, but the drapes are wrong for the room, from a style standpoint they are working against you, not for you. I'd much rather see just a topper rather than a pullback swag.

Now, lets have some fun! Since you live in Arizona, if I were you I'd be chasing native Navajo rugs. Back in the 1700's the Spanish came to California and Arizona and brought with them Moorish rugs and Persians. The Navajo Indians were enamored with them and made their own variations of them, which is why they look similar to tribal orientals. There's a lot of history and heritage in Navajo rugs, and they are native to your area. Here's a couple of ideas, rugs I just found on the 'net that I think have good color combos for your sectional and room. The sizes may not work, and I have no idea of the cost (Guessing about $ 50 - $ 60 a square foot, but thats just a guess). You have to try a rug at your home to see if it works, always try to buy rugs with a liberal return policy. Don't be in a hurry - finding a rug is a quest, not a buying trip. And you have to get a little schooled in rugs before you shop:

http://www.navajorugrepair.com/fake.htm

Now for some ones I like with the Sectional:

http://www.navajorug.com/html/americ...gorman.754.htm

http://www.navajorug.com/html/histor...navajo.887.htm
    Last edited by drcollie; 06-14-2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    It more or less depends on the rug, and the look. if you're getting something like a handmade oriental or even a SW Navajo rug, you won't get matching ones since each one is unique. If you're getting a factory made rug then you can match them up.

Looking at the room photos, the first comment is the sectional looks fantastic, but the drapes are wrong for the room, from a style standpoint they are working against you, not for you. I'd much rather see just a topper rather than a pullback swag.

Now, lets have some fun! Since you live in Arizona, if I were you I'd be chasing native Navajo rugs. Back in the 1700's the Spanish came to California and Arizona and brought with them Moorish rugs and Persians. The Navajo Indians were enamored with them and made their own variations of them, which is why they look similar to tribal orientals. There's a lot of history and heritage in Navajo rugs, and they are native to your area. Here's a couple of ideas, rugs I just found on the 'net that I think have good color combos for your sectional and room. The sizes may not work, and I have no idea of the cost (Guessing about $ 50 - $ 60 a square foot, but thats just a guess). You have to try a rug at your home to see if it works, always try to buy rugs with a liberal return policy. Don't be in a hurry - finding a rug is a quest, not a buying trip. And you have to get a little schooled in rugs before you shop:

http://www.navajorugrepair.com/fake.htm

Now for some ones I like with the Sectional:

http://www.navajorug.com/html/americ...gorman.754.htm

http://www.navajorug.com/html/histor...navajo.887.htm
    I agree about the drapes. They are left from the previous owners and will be changed, without a doubt in the near future.

I really like that second Navajo rug you posted. I emailed about a price.

Some great info in here, and I really appreciate all the help.