Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: My journey for the perfect sectional!

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: My journey for the perfect sectional!

Ok, here are 3 different sketches to see if I am on the same page.

This one the rug would go under the front of the sofa.

Is this how a runner would be used? Or extended further towards the door?

mfabian Guest

My favorite is the last one - either something like that or have a rug that goes under both pieces. I think that more rug/s would add additional warmth to the space.

AZJoe Guest

My favorite is the last one - either something like that or have a rug that goes under both pieces. I think that more rug/s would add additional warmth to the space.
    My only reservation with putting the rug under the front of the sofa like pictured in the last 2 is that it is raised up, so you will see the edge, unless I put it under by 8" or so.

Wonder if I could put a rug under my tv console..hmm

Duane/organic_smallhome(sorry don't know your name), do you think if laid out like that I would want to extend the rug slightly past the edges of the sofa, or like pictured where it stops at the edge.

mfabian Guest

Not Duane or Organic - but I am not sure about the E unit but I think more rug showing under the sectional/ottoman combo would work nicely

organic_smallhome Guest

Hi (been busy, sorry!). The Navajo rugs are gorgeous--a completely different look. My only concern is that you would be covering up the center design with the ottoman, and that might look a little strange (would look great hung on the wall, though). I think I would go with the arrangement as shown in the second photo I posted (with the rug about 8-12" under the sofa). I also like your third option (above), with the runner behind the sofa, as well.

Anybody here do photoshop? Would be enormously helpful. I know there are some great photoshop talents over on the Home Decorating forum at GardenWeb, but surely someone here knows how to do it and has oodles of time on their hands???

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by organic_smallhome View Post
    Hi (been busy, sorry!). The Navajo rugs are gorgeous--a completely different look. My only concern is that you would be covering up the center design with the ottoman, and that might look a little strange (would look great hung on the wall, though). I think I would go with the arrangement as shown in the second photo I posted (with the rug about 8-12" under the sofa). I also like your third option (above), with the runner behind the sofa, as well.

Anybody here do photoshop? Would be enormously helpful. I know there are some great photoshop talents over on the Home Decorating forum at GardenWeb, but surely someone here knows how to do it and has oodles of time on their hands???
    I am fairly good with Photoshop, just never used it for home decor.lol Anything specific you want to see?

organic_smallhome Guest

Yes! I think it would help you figure out the placement if you photoshopped rugs into the various configurations you listed above.

AZJoe Guest

Really the hardest part is taking the picture that would work well enough to give a realistic idea.

organic_smallhome Guest

Take the photos from a distance, so that as much of the room as possible is visible?

AZJoe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by organic_smallhome View Post
    Take the photos from a distance, so that as much of the room as possible is visible?
    That is the issue really. Due to the layout I would ideally want the pic to be taken from the tv console area but that is only like 7-8 feet from the front of the short end of the sectional.

Even if I had10-15 feet, to get such a wide frame would require a super wide angle lens, and even that may have trouble.