Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

Thread: My journey for the perfect sectional!

Monique Guest

Default Re: My journey for the perfect sectional!

When considering the rug, an all over pattern rather than one with a "center" would work better since you have the ottoman. The same would hold true whether you go with the larger rug or two rugs.

We looked at Navajo rugs when we were out west a couple years ago, they are really pricey but handmade and will surely hold their value. Two smaller rugs would be a lot less expensive than one huge rug.

I understand about the corner.

BevoGal Guest

Thank you, AZJoe, for posting pictures and such detailed measurements and layouts. This is extremely helpful to me. I also love the rug education and tips from organic_smallhome. I currently have FLOR carpet tiles in ginger shag, but as soon as my youngest (human, not dog, lol) is potty-trained, I will get a beautiful rug. Of course, I need my sectional before that! Slowly, but surely, I'm reading through all.

I wonder how the slickness of the Sundance's Garfield Fawn has played out? Did it improve?

Garfield is always going to be slicker than other hides, that's not going to go away.

I just took a local order this morning for a H&M Charter Sectional in Capri Butternut. Now THAT is one I'm looking forward to getting. Nothing makes up like Capri....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

BevoGal Guest

I'd love a Capri (like you said I would!) in any color =) It doesn't matter what the product is, I will always select the most expensive by touch/smell/eyesight. Just a knack. And I don't like leather that's too slick, so it will be fun to see the samples and talk myself out of the expensive ones, lol.

Judyg951 Guest

I'm so glad I took the time to wade through this thread. Thanks to the pictures on post #103 and #122 we were able to get a good look at the ottoman we ordered in something other than the suede on H&M's site. It really helped to see the size in relation to a sofa too.

It was ordered in two leathers though, and I can't wait until it arrives. I ordered it in Kipling Sand for the bottom and buttons and Segovia Camel for the top thanks to Duane's excellent suggestions. We also are getting two pillows with the Segovia Camel on the front and a suede on the back. The sofa and chairs are the Donavan in Kipling Sand with no nailheads on them. We also ended up ordering a hollis bench (one of the "specials") That will be a very cool (I'm sure) surprise.

I'm just curious though. I have been through the whole thread and I didn't see what leather was used for the Sundance sectional. I would really like to know what leather that is.

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judyg951 View Post
    I'm so glad I took the time to wade through this thread. Thanks to the pictures on post #103 and #122 we were able to get a good look at the ottoman we ordered in something other than the suede on H&M's site. It really helped to see the size in relation to a sofa too.

It was ordered in two leathers though, and I can't wait until it arrives. I ordered it in Kipling Sand for the bottom and buttons and Segovia Camel for the top thanks to Duane's excellent suggestions. We also are getting two pillows with the Segovia Camel on the front and a suede on the back. The sofa and chairs are the Donavan in Kipling Sand with no nailheads on them. We also ended up ordering a hollis bench (one of the "specials") That will be a very cool (I'm sure) surprise.

Be sure to post pictures -- I'd love to see the Kipling Sand combined with Segovia Camel.

BevoGal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judyg951 View Post

I'm just curious though. I have been through the whole thread and I didn't see what leather was used for the Sundance sectional. I would really like to know what leather that is.
    I believe it is "Garfield Fawn"

Judyg951 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BevoGal View Post
    Be sure to post pictures -- I'd love to see the Kipling Sand combined with Segovia Camel.
    These pieces are currently in production and I don't expect to have them until the beginning of December. I will post pictures when they do arrive.

Stealthq Guest

I'd love a Capri (like you said I would!) in any color =) It doesn't matter what the product is, I will always select the most expensive by touch/smell/eyesight. Just a knack. And I don't like leather that's too slick, so it will be fun to see the samples and talk myself out of the expensive ones, lol.
    We must be related in some way, I do the same thing. Right now, I'm trying to convince myself that although Capri Birch would suit my living room as though it had been made for it, really one of the lovely Class II/III leathers that also coordinate well but would look more 'expected' would be a better choice. I think I'm going to have to order some dealer-size samples once I get it narrowed down some more.

Judyg951 Guest

I'm there too. I had to not allow myself to even order the more expensive leathers as I was afraid I would fall in love with something I really could not get. Both my husband and I always pick the most expensive things out, but this time just getting H&M leather furniture will be enough for us.